Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

WoW trial account(s)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Seriously, nobody wants a free 10-day pass? I'm getting offers from people finding the site through Google.

I've started printing off full-colour maps of various WoW areas. Horrific waste of ink but they come out really purty...

For the cost of the ink cartridge(s) you will waste, spend $25 USD like I did and buy the Atlas:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=%22World+of+Warcraft%22+atlas&btnG=Search+Froogle&hl=en

~200 pages of full color map goodness in hardback format Smile

Ah, I saw this at Best Buy today and had to have it. It was marked down to $29 from $35, too, so it was a no-brainer.

It's beautiful. I guess I'm in this WoW thing for the long haul... Wink
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking a break for a few days. I've been binging on this game something fierce and I think I need to take "some time off" or risk becoming tired of it. Right now I've got 5 characters:

Gamorck - Level 28 Gnome Rogue
Tellarm - Level 21 Night Elf Druid
Rodeschain - Level 19 Human Warrior
??? - Level 1 Human Warlock (haven't spent any time with this one yet so I cant be bothered to remember the name)
Kalub - Level 16 Human Paladin

Besides I just ordered Gothic 2 Gold off of Amazon (finally an English version of the Night of the Raven!), so that and my required replay of Gothic 1 will keep me busy for awhile anyway.

One thing I have noticed about WoW is that I tend to abandon most of my other gaming to spend time with it. I think there are several reasons for this:

1) The WoW world is engrossing. It could be more engrossing if more people on the RP servers actually RPed.... but what can you do?

2) I'm paying a monthly fee. I want to justify the expense by spending as much time playing as possible. This is of course a double edged sword.

3) There is a certain social standing that is obtained with the higher levels. This alone seems to be a big driving factor for power-leveling or binging (Note: I'm not really speaking of Glanadh here - just the WoW community in general). Nobody really cares about a level 1 <insert class here>.

4) Lust for Power. All of you RPGers know what I'm talking about. Translation: You just can't stop until your character is a walking talking god!

Smile
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I finally understood a bit of how the game can get addictive yesterday.

First I entered my very first group with Shagmadan, aka our very own Feign, and we had some fun killing some Goretusks and picking up their snouts and livers and such. Kind of gross if you think about it, but it's all in the name of recipes and cooking, so it's all good!

Anyway, then these two other guys wanted to group with us, so we let them, and they led us to the farm where the big mechanical Harvest Watchers spawn, which is fine, but these idiot were total Leroy Thundars, and kept dying, and then once we'd cleaned the area of most of the enemies they'd keep challenging Shagmadan and I to duels! IN THE MIDDLE OF A FRACKING BATTLEFIELD! The thing is, once you finish a duel, if you win, you still have low health based on your duel (if you lose you go back to full health with no penalty) So then the Watchers would respawn and these Leroys would be of no help and we'd die. So we told our guild how stupid they were and ungrouped. Who knows what happened to them.

Fortunately, Mord and a bunch of others including a very sexy dancing night elf played by Magus (that's another whole story in itself) came along and we kicked ass all over the farmyards for a few hours. I levelled up and got a whole bunch of quests done in the process. Awesome!

It was a lot of fun.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my growing menagerie of characters! Very Happy

I repeat, wait'll we take you to Deadmines. Very Happy

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AYB is sorry he's not playing this game.

Sad

AYB is waiting for NWN2 to come out.

Smile

(p.s. are there any Wizards in WoW?)
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

(p.s. are there any Wizards in WoW?)

There are Mages and Warlocks, who cast different sorts of spells in slightly different ways. I've only played a Mage, who casts spells in the Arcane (for example Magic Missile), Fire and Frost areas.

/me thinks AYB should get WoW. I have a free 10-day pass for you if you want!
-- Carl Sagan

Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Druids, Paladins and Shamans also have magic capabilities.
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Leroy Thundars

Actually he was yelling out his real name in the video, "Leroy JJJJENNNNNKKKKIIIINNNSSS!" I found this out by doing some research on the origins of it (starting with the guild name of the people which you can actually read in the higher resolution version of the video I found. The guild was "PALS FOR LIFE"). After a bit of searching I found out the entire incident was staged.

The guy interviewed (who is the leader guy who does most of the talking in the video) even says that when it sounds like Leroy says, "At least I ain't chicken" at the end he is actually saying, "At least I have chicken". What a weird guy.... nevertheless funny as hell. The video is also a great tutorial demonstrating what TPW is and how quickly it can happen.
Feign
The Ruiner's a collector...
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Leroy Thundars

Actually he was yelling out his real name in the video, "Leroy JJJJENNNNNKKKKIIIINNNSSS!" I found this out by doing some research on the origins of it (starting with the guild name of the people which you can actually read in the higher resolution version of the video I found. The guild was "PALS FOR LIFE"). After a bit of searching I found out the entire incident was staged.

The guy interviewed (who is the leader guy who does most of the talking in the video) even says that when it sounds like Leroy says, "At least I ain't chicken" at the end he is actually saying, "At least I have chicken". What a weird guy.... nevertheless funny as hell. The video is also a great tutorial demonstrating what TPW is and how quickly it can happen.

I've only been playing for little under a month and when I saw that video I almost pissed myself when he boomed across the audio with his name. Laughing

The...mass of NPC names flashing around while they were trying to fend off all of those dragons was absolutely insane.

I also had a good time with JR last night in Westfall finding Goretusk entrails and the like. Glad I left when I did or else there would have been a repeat of a certain 5am incident at the instance entrace to The Stockades. Wink

They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make. - Hitscan on the PS3

(on smoking...) Two later in the night because I can't seem to take a shit without needing the nicotine to relax my ass muscles or some such deal. So took a shit too. - Oscarwilde on smoking

Yea and he said unto the masses "Jet behaveth as ass" and so it was. - Hitscan on Exchange

OSY Image Uploader - Use it, you bitches!
Feign
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, those two douchenozzles displaying the ultimate in tagnuttery...unbelievable.

They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make. - Hitscan on the PS3

(on smoking...) Two later in the night because I can't seem to take a shit without needing the nicotine to relax my ass muscles or some such deal. So took a shit too. - Oscarwilde on smoking

Yea and he said unto the masses "Jet behaveth as ass" and so it was. - Hitscan on Exchange

Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having tons of fun in this game. I've been given a Guild Tabard and I think it looks really snazzy. I've finally upgraded some of my old clothes and I just made it to Expert Tailoring!

Also took the Gnome Subway for the first time, that was awesome. I can't believe how much there is in the world, every place you go there is just so much detail. I can't imagine the man-hours it took to put it all together.

Oh, I have a quest finally for the Deadmines, so if anyone wants to help me out there that would be awesome. Have to lose my instance virginity!
-- Carl Sagan

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durinn can take tank detail. Very Happy

When can you be on? Ideally, we need to get a guild only group and do it right. Best way in Azeroth to learn group tactics.

Oh, and you've only seen a small portion of the Eastern Kingdoms lowbie Alliance lands. Besides the rest of the continent, there's another entire continent, Kalimdor, where the Night Elves start. Smile

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can be on probably sometime after midnight PST tonight. Friday is out as I am at my Aunt's. Saturday might work also.
-- Carl Sagan

Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can't get a Scarlet Monastery group together, tonight might be a good night to drag Vault into Stockades or Gnomeregan.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, those call for Feanoro. Very Happy

Will lead Gnomey runs for tips! Cheesy smile

-HitScan

Feign
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I um, stopped playing. Falling asleep at 2am and up by 7 isn't my idea of fun at all.

I may be back, sometime in the near future.

I also got a quick glimpse of Guild Wars so that may be on my plate instead of $15/mo for WoW.

Feign
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addendum...

2am...if I was lucky.

Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily I do fine on 6 hours sleep. But any less and watch out.

You're missed Shag.

Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feign wrote:
I um, stopped playing. Falling asleep at 2am and up by 7 isn't my idea of fun at all.

I may be back, sometime in the near future.

I also got a quick glimpse of Guild Wars so that may be on my plate instead of $15/mo for WoW.

I quit as well. I've never thought of myself as one who was susceptible to addiction... but this game showed me that that idea may not be so true. I spent way too much time on this game and it took away from a lot of other activities in those few weeks I played it.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooo! Don't go peoples! It's not as addictive as all that! You can control your WoW urges, you don't have to go cold turkey! Smile
-- Carl Sagan

Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats the problem with subscriptions, that you're either in or your out. I know that if I wasn't able to play at least a few times a week, I would be out too.

Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord wrote:
I think thats the problem with subscriptions, that you're either in or your out. I know that if I wasn't able to play at least a few times a week, I would be out too.

Thats exactly the issue. I didn't mind paying a subscription as the content and the commradery alone made it worth it. However I always felt like I had to get the "best bang for the buck"....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: