Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Fatal Error!!!one11!!1!!oneoneone!!!11!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Fatal Error!!!one11!!1!!oneoneone!!!11!! Reply with quote

Quote:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpBB2\includes\bbcode.php on line 220

What the heck does that mean? Does that mean I can hack into Jeremy's D drive and call my self 1337 afterwards?

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means that it took longer than 30 seconds for the php to process, and thus it bailed out of trying.

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means you need to stop using dialup, Oscar ;-p

I always thought it was comical that PHP doesn't quickly write the whole page out to a buffer then send from that. Or something.
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
It means that it took longer than 30 seconds for the php to process, and thus it bailed out of trying.

What, are you Mr. Obvious all of a sudden? Laughing

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewis wrote:

I don't know what it is, but OSY is the only site where it takes a long time for my computer to get any connection with. All the other sites, ESPN, CNN, BBC, Hotmail, Arstechnica (and the forums) work really fast. Actually, pretty much all sites load fast except for this. I can't figure out why. I am on a 6Mbps ADSL. So beats me. Sad I need my smam faster!!!

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's most likely because of one of these:
a. MySQL is dragging ass. This is not an uncommon situation.
2. Jeremy is doing something taxing on his computer.

The latter seems to not be terribly frequent, which makes me worry that his computer is basically an OSY kiosk now, rendering much of it's initial investment moot. That's his business though, I just need my smam delivered in undiluted, regularly metered quanitites. Perfereably in less than 30 second's time.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
a. MySQL is dragging ass. This is not an uncommon situation.
2. Jeremy is doing something taxing on his computer.

I'd like to add an obvious iii) - OSY is hosted on a frickin' home asymetric line, whereas Oscar's other Favourites live in like LUXURY DATA CENTRES with MULTIPLE REDUNDANT OC12s and N+1 UPSs and probably MODERN SHINY GLASS WALLS and those doors you have to breathe into a thing to open and that.

I used to get this error every time on dialup running IE on OS9, but on the 50 Mbit pipe here at university... not so much Wink
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
lewis wrote:

All the other sites, ESPN, CNN, BBC, Hotmail, Arstechnica (and the forums) work really fast.

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The latter seems to not be terribly frequent, which makes me worry that his computer is basically an OSY kiosk now, rendering much of it's initial investment moot.

No, it just means I stopped bumping the priority of World of Warcraft in Task Manager, which caused OSY to screech to a grinding halt and people to complain. Now I just live with a slightly less smooth game experience.

My next machine will definitely be a dual-core box, so I can put OSY one one CPU (I may also put it on a separate box, but that's extra power that I have to pay for and less space in the room... maybe if I find a tiny case somewhere...
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
PaoloM
The King Of Crap
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could get rid of your puny 700mhz MCE, put this box in its place and keep running OSY and MCE from the same machine.

Plus your uber dual-everything for your smammy pleasure.
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
Magus wrote:

What, are you Mr. Obvious all of a sudden? Laughing
Ask a silly question...

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
No, it just means I stopped bumping the priority of World of Warcraft in Task Manager, which caused OSY to screech to a grinding halt and people to complain. Now I just live with a slightly less smooth game experience.

I don't think you need to change anything at all. OSY is fine. Even if it runs slow once in a while that's okay as well. So I think you should go back and enjoy your smooth gaming experience. It's nice enough you host this forum for the greater smam, and I can't imagine anyone here actually thinking you owe us anything more then that.
My original post was actually meant to be silly. Not sure how the idea of me being able to hack into your D drive and being '1337' was to be taken as anything else other than. Also I just found it more amusing to see an error referring to the drive the files are on as opposed to the typical error found at 'root', or, '//'.

OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
Ask a silly question...

I am the master of smam. You may have a high post count, but that just makes you a silly post whore. You see young smammer, it seems AYB and I still have to teach you all about being a smam master. I thought you had surpassed me in knowledge of the smam. However, it is obvious you haven't. So return to waxing on and waxing off my car till it's shiny.

Feign
The Ruiner's a collector...
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
I am the master of smam.

I think AYB would like to have a word with you.

In the back.

Bring your toenail clippers.

They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make. - Hitscan on the PS3

(on smoking...) Two later in the night because I can't seem to take a shit without needing the nicotine to relax my ass muscles or some such deal. So took a shit too. - Oscarwilde on smoking

Yea and he said unto the masses "Jet behaveth as ass" and so it was. - Hitscan on Exchange

OSY Image Uploader - Use it, you bitches!
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Also I just found it more amusing to see an error referring to the drive the files are on as opposed to the typical error found at 'root', or, '//'.

It is pretty amusing, and I'm sure I could configure Apache not to do that if I could be bothered. Why exactly Apache would default to doing that is a question you have to ask the Apache people.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sillyheads! Very Happy

AYB is noticing that the Mighty AYB is approaching the Mighty number of 10,000.

In case you did not notice

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not an apache error, its a php error.

You should set the following in php.ini:

display_errors = Off
display_startup_errors = Off
log_errors = On

There are comments in the file for each do.

I also recommend setting "Serversignature Off" in httpd.conf.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: