Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

I have a new monitor!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: I have a new monitor!!! Reply with quote

Samsung SyncMaster 930BF LCD 19" 1280x1024 4msec response time, 700:1 contrast ratio.

Buy.com lists it at US$452. I got it for CDN$498 AFTER taxes, and with a DVI monitor cable, and with the zero dead pixel warranty.

I am very happy with this new monitor. WoW looks very nice on it. Smile But mostly I am happy because I will not have the eyestrain that came with hours and hours each day staring at my old CRT.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LCDs seriously rock for the eyes. It is too bad our company is too cheap to seriously consider investing in them. Still other than work, I no longer have any CRTs in my life.
Feign
The Ruiner's a collector...
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, monitors. Smile

I enjoy my Dell 2005fpw. Widescreen is really, really nice use. WoW looked spectaculous on this thing! Cheesy smile

They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make. - Hitscan on the PS3

(on smoking...) Two later in the night because I can't seem to take a shit without needing the nicotine to relax my ass muscles or some such deal. So took a shit too. - Oscarwilde on smoking

Yea and he said unto the masses "Jet behaveth as ass" and so it was. - Hitscan on Exchange

OSY Image Uploader - Use it, you bitches!
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of those too, Feign Smile It is indeed rather lovely. Wish I could have stretched to the 24" version though.
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Very Happy

I still use a 21" CRT at work, and I have both 19" CRT and 19" LCDs at home.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AYB is still using the same old uber-CRT 19" Hitachi SuperScan Supreme 752. He got it like Six Years ago and it's still very good with no strain (AYB is very picky with monitors. Below 85hz at any resolution can annoy the Mighty One).

Congratulations on yor purchase Jeremy, it sounds like it will indeed make smamming more enjoyable

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a generic 17" CRT that's so generic I don't even recognize the brand name. It works okay I suppose.

I want a 20+-inch LCD but currently I am able to spend the grand total of absolutely nothing. This means that short of theft the odds of acquiring said monitor are not large. Laughing

"How delightful it would be to converse intimately with someone of the same mind, sharing with him the pleasures of uninhibited conversation on the amusing and foolish things of this world, but such friends are hard to find." -- Kenko Yoshida, Essays In Idleness
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: