Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Official #osy Status Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unreal 3.2.3 has been released, so I will be testing it with intent to upgrade late tomorrow night.

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
Count_Blah
Yummy?
Commander
Commander

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appear to be banned once again, it claims I hacked you...

Remember: Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of Life.
-- Dave Butler
Dvixen
Sugar standards in exported confectionaries Minister
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And oddly, you don't seem terribly surprised.

Guilty conscience at getting caught?
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Removed.

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
Count_Blah
Yummy?
Commander
Commander

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quit suprised, even if the post doesn't claim to be.

Remember: Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of Life.
-- Dave Butler
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turin will be getting Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 late tonight, so a reboot will occur. Smile

-HitScan

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day later than planned, but SP1 has successfully been applied. Smile

-HitScan

FondueDaredevil
Linux Looney
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: My name is Elmer J Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah!

"I call on those who question the motives of the president and his national security advisers to join with the rest of America in presenting a united front to our enemies abroad." Sen. Dick Durbin, 1998

"There's no set architecture in Linux. All roads lead to madness" - William Hilf, Microsoft homonculous

Supervillains for Linux!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been unable to reach the IRC server over CGIIRC the past two days (from work; been unable to try at home). Is it down, changed, etc?

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had some.....issues, and my server is down right now.

There's a good chance I won't be reinstalling CGIIRC or any other unnecessary script or application when I get my server back online. However, a google for irc.cgi pulls up many many open "irc relays". I've been using this one a lot (URL mangled for great justice, just remove all the spaces):

http:// www . polar home . com/ cgi-bin /chat / irc.cgi

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, sir. You are teh smartey. Very Happy

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a couple server reboots to take care of (IRC server and firewall), so there'll be a brief downtime late tonight.

-HitScan

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's utterly silent now and usually is for most of the weekends, this came at a good time. One of the IRC server's fans failed, and it's getting a good bit hotter than I'd like.

I'm going to take her offline to cool down and see about replacing the fan. IRC will be back asap.

Thanks for your patience,
The Management

Oh, and since people can't see the #OSY topic after the shutdown:

Happy Birthday Paolo!!!! Smile

-HitScan

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRC is back up, and I'm going to sleep now.

-HitScan

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those not around the South... I'm currently still in TX, had originally planned to go back to MS tomorrow. Hurricane Katrina has changed things a bit. Truly awesome folks that they are, the Hats don't mind. Smile

It also means IRC is down until I can get home. My folks were kind enough to go over to my apt and board up the back window where all my lovely servers are. Since it's projected to produce severe weather (duh...) I had them go ahead and power down the firewalls and IRC server, disconnecting power cables just in case. Paranoia, maybe, but right now, there's no way I could recover a lost box about now...

Anyway, my apologies for the downtime; IRC will be up again as soon as I walk in the door... assuming I have power Wink

On another note, and I hope I say this right...

Those who believe, please take a moment to offer a prayer for all who have been and will be affected by Katrina.

Those who don't, please offer sympathy and wishes for luck for all who have been and will be affected by Katrina.

-HitScan

the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Reports are saying that while the storm is intense it is also moving quickly, which means the land won't be pummeled quite as severely as it would have been if the storm were to linger. That, at least, is heartening.

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
Dvixen
Sugar standards in exported confectionaries Minister
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me throws open the shelter on irc.dumpshock.com (#osy, natch)
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope your home and everything else comes through this okay, Magus.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And while you're all at it, please keep my family (parents, sister, grandparents, etc.) in your prayers.

If you look on this map, you'll find a city labelled Hattiesburg. They live approximately 10-15 miles north of there, and thus were probably hit really really hard. I just got home a little while ago, and I haven't been able to get a hold of them. Crying or Very sad

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware, #osy lives! Very Happy

Finally got power here in the lair last night, came home from my folks' today. All servers are fine, and #osy awaits smam! Smile

-HitScan

Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah!! Smile

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
Beware, #osy lives! Very Happy

Finally got power here in the lair last night, came home from my folks' today. All servers are fine, and #osy awaits smam! Smile

Great to hear! Glad everything is all right.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++ on all counts. I'll be on later tonight, when we're visiting the inlaws. Wink

MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harbinger wrote:
++ on all counts. I'll be on later tonight, when we're visiting the inlaws. Wink

/me hopes that Harb made it out alive...

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

/me hopes that Harb made it out alive...

Since I posted here this morning, I would think so. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: