Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Happy Smammernalia!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuxtaPosition
Petty Officer 1st class
Petty Officer 1st class

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Happy Smammernalia! Reply with quote

Smam, I say -- SMAM!!

"Jeremy, use your ban fu! Stop him before something bad happens!" --Dvixen
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very very smammy Smammas to all!

And to all a good Smam!
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
JuxtaPosition
Petty Officer 1st class
Petty Officer 1st class

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smammas Eve Movie (Kong) and dinner with the wee boy at the Swingside afterwards, he is currently putting together a large Lego set while meself is lamenting being in love with a girl. Single malt scotch is currently involved.

And you all?

"Jeremy, use your ban fu! Stop him before something bad happens!" --Dvixen
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished putting Santa's gifts under the tree. Watched a few movies earlier tonight...."A Christmas Story" followed by "Christmas with the Kranks" which is actually pretty funny. I just about spit out my Diet Coke and Vanilla Vodka when I saw that Dan Akroyd was in it.

In addition to the vodka I've also had several Sleeman's Honey Browns.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas everyone.

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bah humbug. But yesterday I was feeling a little christmasy so when I was taking out the trash in our complex, I said "Merry Christmas" to the one person I saw as I was coming back.

Big Mistake.

The guy was like, "do you really mean that?" I figured this had to do with the "Happy Holidays" controversy so I said, "okay well how about Happy Holidays then?" And then he starts talking about the "true meaning of christmas" was long forgotten and the commericalization was the only thing most people were actually celebrating. Of course I readily agreed as this is part of my long standing bah humbug policy.

Guy takes me over to his car (where his buddies were waiting for him to leave). He hands me some magazine (which I wish I had read the cover of BEFORE I went back inside) and tells me there is an article in there dealing with the commercialization of christmas. Then he says, "Oh maybe I can come by sometime and we can discuss it." Sounded good I said. I never get to have any good quasi-religious discussions with my wife as she is pretty firm in her beliefs and doesn't entertain hard questions towards her choosen religious beliefs well.

Once I get home, I show my wife the magazine (while still not having had read the cover myself) and she says, "Errr..... he is a Jehovah's Witness honey." Damn it. So instead of throwing away the mag like she wanted me to, I go into the other room and read the article that he suggested before throwing it way. My wife asks, "Why are reading it?" I said "because this will give me the ammunition I need to cut our would-be conversion short when he comes by."

That is the last time I say "Merry Christmas" to a stranger again. Even myself as a bah humbug would never dream of spreading around my anti-christmas doctrine in response to somebody wishing me a "Merry Christmas". Nor do I care so much about the "Happy Holidays" controversy as we are in a country where the majority of people at least pretend to be practicing Christians.

Anyway.... Merry Christmas my non-stranger smammy friends! Happy Holidays to anybody who prefers it. And for the rest of you I imagine "Happy Kwanza" and "Happy Hanukkah" will hopefully suffice. Ahhh well I'm off to my parents. Got to get showered up and get going.
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas!

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, why don't you just enjoy yourself and quit worrying so much about everything? I'm having a great day, even if I'm spending most of it putting together toys and playing with my kids instead of debating the ins and outs of the commercialization of Christmas.

Merry Christmas, and if anyone doesn't like it, Merry Christmass anyway. Take it or leave it. I care not either way.

Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My surprise Christmas gift for Jen was a DVD I burned for her with all the video footage I had taken of her solo and group dancing performances. I did a neat professional-looking CD cover as well and put it in a spare jewel case. Called it "Jendance".

When she opened it up she looked at it for a second, thinking: "I don't know this group, why did Jeremy get me this CD?" Then the second thought was, "hey, that looks like me on the cover!"

Dance!
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
My surprise Christmas gift for Jen was a DVD I burned for her with all the video footage I had taken of her solo and group dancing performances. I did a neat professional-looking CD cover as well and put it in a spare jewel case. Called it "Jendance".

When she opened it up she looked at it for a second, thinking: "I don't know this group, why did Jeremy get me this CD?" Then the second thought was, "hey, that looks like me on the cover!"

Dance!

and she was pwned! HAHA!
Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents found an old pen and ink I did from a cover of a copy of "Return of the King". They framed it and everything. I couldn't believe it. Awesome.

BenN
Shower Curtain Ring Salesman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

japan.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas, smammers!

Twisted Evil

I had a pretty quiet Christmas, but it wasn`t planned that way. My cousin & two daughters (all live in Tokyo) were going to come over to our place, stay the night, and have fun & games with video-conferencing to the UK, and making funny faces using Photo Booth on the TV.

Instead both girls had really bad upset tummies, and had to stay at home. Sad So it was just the three of us (me, the s/o and my sprogette, Elena).
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santa on a cross is a suprisingly disturbing image.
-- Carl Sagan

OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Santa on a cross? Confused

Anywhoooo, Merry and Smammy Christmas to you all! I've been partying pretty hard, and been coming home at around 4 in the morning the last 3 days in a row. Haven't been completely drunk, so no hangovers. Good x'mas this year. Lots of fun.
I tend to be the kind of person that takes any reason to be festive to go out and just have fun and meet people. This year I've made maybe 4 new friends. Met this hot girl but my friend likes her, so I doubt I'll be stuffing her stockings anytime soon. We shall see... Twisted Evil
My hot model friend is having her birthday party in two days, so I'm looking forward to meeting her and her model friends. Maybe I'll be get a late xxx'mas present after all... muahahahahaha!!!

Tis the time to be jolly indeed!!!

Oh, and I got a detachable penis for christmas. What I've always wanted. Shiney!

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
BenN
Shower Curtain Ring Salesman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

japan.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Santa on a cross is a suprisingly disturbing image.

Very Happy

OscarWilde wrote:
Why is Santa on a cross? Confused

Because the Japanese are a bit confused about this whole Christmas/Christianity thing.

Some Christmas songs are fun too; a few years ago there was a Christmas pop song with the following lyrics:

Silent night,
Holy night,
Woah -
Get Her!

Confused

Quote:
Met this hot girl but my friend likes her, so I doubt I'll be stuffing her stockings anytime soon. We shall see... Twisted Evil
My hot model friend is having her birthday party in two days, so I'm looking forward to meeting her and her model friends.

pics? Satan grin

Quote:
Oh, and I got a detachable penis for christmas.

Erm....pics? Shocked
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Cardboard Tube Samurai laser cell from PA for Christmas. My in-laws rock the house! Cheesy smile

All other presents and gatherings were enjoyable as well. Smile

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Silent night,
Holy night,
Woah -
Get Her!

Makes sense to me... What the fuck?
-- Carl Sagan

Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this watch: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/watches/6a17/

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a brad nailer/air compressor combo, a rotary tool kit, and World of Warcraft. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: