Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

IG sees 'King Kong'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: IG sees 'King Kong' Reply with quote

And he declares it the Awesomest Movie of 2005.

And anyone who does not agree is a stinky donut.

"How delightful it would be to converse intimately with someone of the same mind, sharing with him the pleasures of uninhibited conversation on the amusing and foolish things of this world, but such friends are hard to find." -- Kenko Yoshida, Essays In Idleness
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yey, free donuts!

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm... donut...

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it only did 9 million in its first day. Not a huge start.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the original with 95% identical plot and 99% better acting is available for quite some time now.

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
kingpinmc
Dark Stalker
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riso wrote:
Well, the original with 95% identical plot and 99% better acting is available for quite some time now.

You mean KING KONG isn't an original flick? I thought Hollywood was filled with originality and OMG brilliant actors/actresses and producers!

* Notice: There is a WAS in the last sentence.
"Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinkin', you know, eight year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She's about to start some shit, Zed.” - J - Men in Black

So.....

Maxi Does Dallas?

Twisted Evil - Mord
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're on the topic of original movies from Hollywood: Coming soon to a theatre near you, 'Poseidon', which is about a boat that gets hit by a really big wave and starts to sink and the people inside must escape!!!11!!

Never before has such a story been written nor produced nor directed. The name itself has never been used in a movie title either.

All we need now is 'King Kong vs. Poseidon: Who drowns faster, the over sized chimp or the boat?'

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute.
Wasn't the Poseidon that movie about a ship that floats upside down in the water?

- FondueDaredevil

- Gabe Newell
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riso wrote:
Wait a minute.
Wasn't the Poseidon that movie about a ship that floats upside down in the water?

Yeah, the original move is titled,The Poseidon Adventure, and was released in 1972. Was just being sarcastic in my last post. The new movie, due to be released next year, is just titled, 'Poseidon' to probably trick the masses into thinking it's a new and original movie.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
Riso wrote:
Wait a minute.

Yeah, the original move is titled,The Poseidon Adventure, and was released in 1972. Was just being sarcastic in my last post. The new movie, due to be released next year, is just titled, 'Poseidon' to probably trick the masses into thinking it's a new and original movie.

And not at all like the recent remake, where it is not a giant wave that overturns the boat, but TERRARISTS! ( Oh My God )

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
kingpinmc
Dark Stalker
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
OscarWilde wrote:
Riso wrote:
Wait a minute.

And not at all like the recent remake, where it is not a giant wave that overturns the boat, but TERRARISTS! ( Oh My God )

Are you referring to this infamous CBS made for tv movie? I liked their Category 7: The End of the World movie with falling chunks of mesospheres and Randy Quaid and Shannon Dougherty getting it on. Rolling Eyes
"Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinkin', you know, eight year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She's about to start some shit, Zed.” - J - Men in Black

So.....

Maxi Does Dallas?

Twisted Evil - Mord
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingpinmc wrote:
HitScan wrote:
OscarWilde wrote:
Riso wrote:
Wait a minute.

Are you referring to this infamous CBS made for tv movie? I liked their Category 7: The End of the World movie with falling chunks of mesospheres and Randy Quaid and Shannon Dougherty getting it on. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, it was some major network show. Ass, ass I say.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it every 2 seasons that some major network is going to make some major disaster mini series? When I was in college, a mini series, 'asteroids'? or something was aired. I saw the first half hour and could not believe just how fucking stupid the show was. There is this new one I saw on tv, about a some major earthquake, 10.1 or some stupid name. Good lord. The lame shit just keeps getting churned out. There must be an audience for this to happen. Otherwise, why would the big stations do it?

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
Is it every 2 seasons that some major network is going to make some major disaster mini series? When I was in college, a mini series, 'asteroids'? or something was aired. I saw the first half hour and could not believe just how fucking stupid the show was. There is this new one I saw on tv, about a some major earthquake, 10.1 or some stupid name. Good lord. The lame shit just keeps getting churned out. There must be an audience for this to happen. Otherwise, why would the big stations do it?

It's copycatting in the hopes of riding on the popularity of another show. Each major netweork makes it's own stupid disaster movie around the same time one comes out in theatres. Asteroids and Volcanoes and Tsunamis have all held this dubious honor. *Golf clap*

The most recent (and disasterously stupid, from my POV) example is "Happy Feet" It's a movie about dancing penguins, which only exists because of "March of the Penguins" (which was really cool by the way.) There will be little or no relation between anything in them, but apparently penguins are "in" this year, so we get penguins.

Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
There will be little or no relation between anything in them, but apparently penguins are "in" this year, so we get penguins.

Maybe Linux can ride that wave... or not.
kingpinmc
Dark Stalker
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<deep announcer voice> This Sunday on Fox....
When Penguins Attack!!! OMG !!!!1111oneoneone
</deep announcer voice>

So.....

Maxi Does Dallas?

Twisted Evil - Mord
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

*Golf clap*

rofl

Quote:

but apparently penguins are "in" this year, so we get penguins.

lmao

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
HitScan wrote:
There will be little or no relation between anything in them, but apparently penguins are "in" this year, so we get penguins.

"Linux is like the dancing penguins! You just have to compile dancing into the kernel! Of course, you'll have to completely reconfigure X and your desktop environment... And that'll mean fixing the inevitable application breaks and... wait where are you going?"

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
Jay wrote:
HitScan wrote:

"Linux is like the dancing penguins! You just have to compile dancing into the kernel! Of course, you'll have to completely reconfigure X and your desktop environment... And that'll mean fixing the inevitable application breaks and... wait where are you going?"

There's going to be a stoner in the group.* I think we all know what he does in the off season.

*Well, to put it more accurately, there's a high statistical probability of there being a stoner penguin in this movie. Far higher than the probability of a real penguin ever being exposed to the smoke of a burning cannibis plant. Therefore, mathematically, Tux will be in the movie, even if he's not. Damn, that's heady.

Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heady. I've always hated that word. I think it gives the wrong connotation.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does 'heady' mean? Heavy on the head? Wha? Confused

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally, it said "Damn, I'm smart." This was not really my intended message, so I looked for something to change it to. I did not think of the word "deep" at the time, thought it was exactly what I wanted, and so "heady" (which I'm not that big a fan of either, for the most part) was the first thing that fit. Also, I was here 5 minutes past time to go home, and decided it wasn't worth much more time. Wink

DuffMan
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw 5 previews in a row for movies that looked absolutely awful. I don't think there will be more than 1 or 2 good movies in the next 6 months.
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife and I were going to see Kong last night - but once we got in line - she said that she didnt want to see that. So I got her to see Syriana instead. Much better choice in my opinion. What a great movie. It is definitely worth at least another viewing so that I can attempt to pick up on anything that I may have missed the first time around.

It doesn't seem to be a crowd pleaser though. Most people left confused because you really had to pay attention. There were a lot of politics and interrelated storylines so once you miss one crucial point - the whole thing just snowballs from there.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are seeing Kong tomorrow (today)

Jen got me the DVD of Serenity for Christmas and I have watched that, and then again with the director's commentary, and all the special features, and the deleted scenes, and the deleted scenes again with the director's commentary, and I want more.

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: