Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Am I a bad man?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Am I a bad man? Reply with quote

I couldn't help myself laughing while reading this article about a girl being stabbed in the eye at some highschool in England.

Quote:
Her father, Humperdinck Jackman, described the moment he saw...

It's still cracking me up. Am I bad man? Good grief.

However, it is sad this girl has such bad luck:
Quote:
Police also revealed the teenager was the victim of an unrelated hit-and-run incident on Christmas Day 2003.

Damn first a hit and run, and then being stabbed in the eye by two other girls while standing in a canteen. That's what I call bad luck. Shocked

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll hear none of it! What kind of world would we live in where you can't laugh at someone named Humperdinck? No world I want to live in!

Now, if you came up in here and said you were getting your giggles on account of her face-stabbing, then yes, you'd likely be a terrible person. The way I see it, her dad (well, her grandparents I guess) made it a little easier to get through an article about a poor unfortunate scamp that would be so depressing otherwise that you'd just delete it from despair. Honestly, do we want to drive people to drink over the sad lives of other's children? No! And that's why Humperdinck Jackman (the last name really rounds it out, don't you think?) should be the focus of the next Budweiser commercial. "We salute you, guy with a weird name that saves us all from the sad lives of urchins everywhere. (back up vocal guy: They're all over the place!)"

Note: I wrote this before reading the article. The name's still funny, and the actions really suck.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not bad. You're just drawn that way.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humperdinck! Humperdinck! Humperdinck!

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HILARIOUS!

Sucks about her eye - but really with a name like Humper- LOL!
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engelbert Humperdinck.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
kingpinmc
Dark Stalker
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thundar wrote:

STOP SAYING THAAAT!
"Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinkin', you know, eight year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She's about to start some shit, Zed.” - J - Men in Black

So.....

Maxi Does Dallas?

Twisted Evil - Mord
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingpinmc wrote:
Thundar wrote:

STOP SAYING THAAAT!

I'm not liiiiiiiiistening!

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
surrealiberty
Midshipman
Midshipman

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool ok, I happen to know Humperdinck, and he happens to be a very fine gent. Natashia you're in our prayers.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrealiberty wrote:
Cool ok, I happen to know Humperdinck, and he happens to be a very fine gent. Natashia you're in our prayers.

Well that's all very well and good, but who the hell are you???
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
surrealiberty wrote:

Well that's all very well and good, but who the hell are you???

New bot?

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pro-Humperdinck bot?? Perhaps Engelbert programmed one...
-- Carl Sagan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: