Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Met these two interesting Americans tonight...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Met these two interesting Americans tonight... Reply with quote

One guy is this black american (very pro-black) who fought in Vietnam. This other guy - didn't say he fought in Vietnam, but it looked like he did* - who has a son fighting in Iraq.
Man the views they had and the discussions they had till 4:30 in the morning was quite impressive. Damn. Interesting stuff.
End of the night, I bid the black dood good night, and the white dood I told him I hoped his son would return safely from Iraq.

For me, it was hearing about Vietnam that was more interesting because, for those that don't know, my mom and her family were in Saigon (mom was born there), and had to leave because the north were winning. Remember: I had no idea Saigon was called Ho Chi Min city till high school since to this day, many South Vietnamese that had to escape don't refer to Saigon by the new name.

Anwyhoooo... I shall tell you guys more when I'm awake tomorrow and not too buzzing. I'm not drunk either, but still, sorta buzzing and tired to talk. It's five in the morning here in HK. Razz

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to explain my history to those that don't know me as well:
My mom and her siblings, along with her mom left Saigon for India when news of the war was getting worse. My granddad left Saigon when things got really bad and was out of contact for nearly nine months. He had to travel by boat and finally got to India when he finally got in touch with my family. The stories my granddad was interesting to say the least. He was friends with a lot of American soldiers.

If anyone wonders why I'm anti-war, maybe this family history should sorta explain why. I hope. Smile

Night all!

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think being anti-war needs an explanation.

I'd like to hear more about what those guys were talking about.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone here or anywhere is pro-war, but rather realizes that force is unfortunately necessary when talk fails. Please take that as a generic statement; I have no intention of starting another OSY Political Thread of Doom. Wink

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
I don't think anyone here or anywhere is pro-war, but rather realizes that force is unfortunately necessary when talk fails. Please take that as a generic statement; I have no intention of starting another OSY Political Thread of Doom. Wink

It's funny, I was actually thinking of tempting fate and starting a new thread about war: when it was necessary and when it wasn't.

Even I'm not a big enough hippie pinko commie to argue that war is never necessary. I just think it's a lot less necessary than we've been led to believe.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
DuffMan
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War, hmm... what is it good for?

It appears absolutely nothing.

Now if there was only a song that could express this sentiment.
Feign
The Ruiner's a collector...
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guy where I work, about 5'5", white hair, and glasses.

Tunnel rat. Carried a .45 (with one clip!) through the tunnels to kill anything that moved. Speaks fluent Vietnamese. Saw Hamburger Hill. Was there at the fall, one of the first ones there.

He has a picture of a chopper on his desk floating and letting down the rope. He used a labelmaker to put "Just another day at the office" across the bottom of it.

Definitely carts his brass jewels around using a wheelbarrow the size of Greenland.

They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make. - Hitscan on the PS3

(on smoking...) Two later in the night because I can't seem to take a shit without needing the nicotine to relax my ass muscles or some such deal. So took a shit too. - Oscarwilde on smoking

Yea and he said unto the masses "Jet behaveth as ass" and so it was. - Hitscan on Exchange

OSY Image Uploader - Use it, you bitches!
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuffMan wrote:
War, hmm... what is it good for?

It appears absolutely nothing.

Now if there was only a song that could express this sentiment.

Damn, DuffMan, you're on a roll today!
-- Carl Sagan

DuffMan
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, don't forget to tip your waitress.
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me tips the veal and tries the waitress Twisted Evil

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I was struggling with wether I should reply in this thread or not. I did start it, but the responses reflect the fear of political debates on OSY. People have become to sensitive and waaaayyy to politically correct and polite to each other.
So in respect to the views of the two guys I met - since I can't obviously defend them - I won't post them.

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing first-hand the oppression of Dreethan Nymphs, AYB thinks everyone should be free to smam

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I was struggling with wether I should reply in this thread or not. I did start it, but the responses reflect the fear of political debates on OSY. People have become to sensitive and waaaayyy to politically correct and polite to each other.
So in respect to the views of the two guys I met - since I can't obviously defend them - I won't post them.

Chicken!!!

Smile

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
OscarWilde wrote:

Chicken!!!

Smile

Come to Hong Kong and say that to them. One guy is built like a fucking rock and has arms bigger then a tree. The other guy is tall and big too, but not all muscles like the other guy. I may go see the guy with his son in Iraq tonight. He's a trumpet player, and he usually plays at this bar with a house band for open mic night. Granted i'm going there to meet this hot chic I met last week. So, I'll just say hi to the guy, tell him some dood in America called him 'Chicken', point him to this website, and then resume my night with the hot chic. Wink Very Happy

MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
MasterOfTheHat wrote:
OscarWilde wrote:

Chicken!!!

Smile

Come to Hong Kong and say that to them. One guy is built like a fucking rock and has arms bigger then a tree. The other guy is tall and big too, but not all muscles like the other guy. I may go see the guy with his son in Iraq tonight. He's a trumpet player, and he usually plays at this bar with a house band for open mic night. Granted i'm going there to meet this hot chic I met last week. So, I'll just say hi to the guy, tell him some dood in America called him 'Chicken', point him to this website, and then resume my night with the hot chic. Wink Very Happy

NO YUO! YUO BASTARD!!! Wink

I was calling you a chicken... not some big meathead!

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
OscarWilde wrote:
MasterOfTheHat wrote:
OscarWilde wrote:

Chicken!!!

Smile

NO YUO! YUO BASTARD!!! Wink

I was calling you a chicken... not some big meathead!

Well, it isn't me that's afraid of getting all political and that's the problem right there. These guys were discussing war and politics. So if you guys want, I can post them. Just don't blame me if it bothers you guys.

As for the hot chic: well it turns out she has a hot body (really fucking hot) but maybe not so hot a personality. It's why I'm back home early (1:10AM) and sorta drunk.

So if you guys want me to post the views of these guys, and if I still remember them, I'll do so. Just remember, they ain't my views.

Smile

DuffMan
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you've talked about them so much, you might as well post their ideas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: