Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Happy New Year Surgery To Me!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is not, however, that large in the US.

Oh so now we're pulling the "I MEANT ONLY IN THE US" card.

Just great Rolling Eyes

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AYB fully believes in Creation (he was there)

He also sees why science just can't progress down the path of "God sez" and must rely soley on emperical proofs, or else they just couldn't get anywhere.
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
So, no, the Catholic church is not THE Christian church. It is A Christian church that happens to differ greatly from other Christian churches.

Yes but I guess the overriding point here is that there are 2 billion Christians in the world. 1.5 billion of them are Catholic. Catholicism by itself is the largest religion in the world as Islam only ranks in at 1.3 billion and Hinduism at 900 million.

The problem with Christian denominations is quite simple: They don't believe the same things. They treat the same works very differently and in some cases "magically" create new ones when it suits them. So the only thing most Christians have in common is that they all generally draw their beliefs from the same piece of text. Strangely enough this "set in stone" piece of text has managed to produce dozens of intepretations of it's meaning, some of which eventually hit critical mass and became their own denomination.

In an argument of this nature - it helps to start with a common reference point. Frankly I can't see why the "minority" denominations should be considered as a valid reference as so few people actually are familiar with the minority given the the numbers we are seeing here.

I mean just take the discussion that you are JR had about the differing accounts of creation contained within Genesis itself. Clearly you both are reading the same piece of text but coming away with two very different interpretations of it.

Without common ground to start with... this discussion is doomed. Oh who am I kidding, it is already doomed Smile
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And let it be said that many consider Jay to be an expert on doomed conversations. Very Happy

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riso wrote:
Quote:
It is not, however, that large in the US.

Oh so now we're pulling the "I MEANT ONLY IN THE US" card.

Just great Rolling Eyes

Heh, yeah, I guess it did sound like that... No, I meant it as, "I was drawing it from my own experiences here in the U.S." Given the info you had, that was well deserved.

Hey, Jay, don't even consider the Mormons a Christian denomination... They are their own little weird religion and pull stuff from who-knows-where.

And we can use Catholicism as a "common reference point" if we'd like, but then you start not only disagreeing with the other debates but also with that "common reference point." And doesn't that defeat the point?

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey, Jay, don't even consider the Mormons a Christian denomination... They are their own little weird religion and pull stuff from who-knows-where.

AYB should mention that he's Mormon, and they number about 12 Million individually, and it's a matter of well-known record that the religion claims they "pull" their stuff through modern day prophecy.

Hat, you're making a very shortsighted argument here, "Anyone not like me isn't Cristian, anyone not like me isn't 'mainstream' "

And no, AYB really isn't interested in religious debate, JfW was a missionary for two years, has heard more arguments against Mormonism than you ever may, and can say it's all based on difference of interpretation, misfacts, misquotes, doctrinal strawmen, and ignorance of the entire picture of the Mormon faith.
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AYB, could you do me a favor and send me a private message telling me what Mormon-ism(?) is about? I mean as in where it comes from and how it began. Something brief if you have the time. I ask for it as a private message because I'm not looking to start a debate or discussion about it. I'm just simply curious to hear about it. I could use Wikipedia, but I'd rather sometimes hear it from someone who is closer to a subject.

Thanks! Smile

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
FondueDaredevil
Linux Looney
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: My name is Elmer J Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
AYB, could you do me a favor and send me a private message telling me what Mormon-ism(?) is about?
Magic underwear.

"I call on those who question the motives of the president and his national security advisers to join with the rest of America in presenting a united front to our enemies abroad." Sen. Dick Durbin, 1998

"There's no set architecture in Linux. All roads lead to madness" - William Hilf, Microsoft homonculous

Supervillains for Linux!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played rugby with a couple of mormons. On the field these guys were scary. Off the field they were as pleasant as a summer day. What does this have to do with being mormon? Not really much of anything. They were nice guys though.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually post on another forum where a significant portion of the members are Mormon.

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, kids. This is an example of how to let your mouth, (or your fingers on a keyboard), really screw you up. Of course, it does take talent to shove BOTH feet in your mouth at once!

AYB, I didn't mean to offend anyone at all. As a matter of fact, it was just a bad attempt to inject a little humor into the topic. I had no idea that you practiced Mormonism, and if I had, I wouldn't have made that comment. Actually, I shouldn't have made the comment at all... My apologies.

It's true that I only have a limited knowledge of the religion. A friend of mine in high school was a Mormon, but we only discussed religion briefly and never in depth.

No, for what I know of the religion, I don't agree with it. But if you do, well... you are free to do so.

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cartman: Kyle, all those times I said you were a dumb, stupid Jew, well, I was wrong, you're not a Jew.
Kyle: Cartman, I *am* Jewish!
Cartman: There, there, don't be hard on yourself, Kyle.

Very Happy

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem Hat, AYB just thought it worth mentioning his personal beliefs, etc.

Smile

AYB will pm OW laters.

Smile

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us wrote:

Smile

AYB will pm OW laters.

Smile

Go ahead and copy me. All I know about Mormonism is that they have a PHAT family tree in Utah, but I'm curious. Smile

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:

Smile

AYB will pm OW laters.

Smile

Go ahead and copy me. All I know about Mormonism is that they have a PHAT family tree in Utah, but I'm curious. Smile

I don't know anything about no phat family tree in Utah. All I know is that Mormon started when someone found some gold discs or something in a field and... well.. that's about it. And that Mormons have a pretty violent history in the region that is now Utah (I think) back in the days when there were no states. Mostly the violence was political in nature and abuse of religious stature (as happens in every religion, I think) and not what being a mormon was about. But, I'm not sure about that.

Pretty much just ignorant here. Read a bit about scientology last night, and am still confused as to what that is all about. One of the creeds for scientology is, 'what I find is true is true for myself'. I think that is the creed ALL humans tend to follow. People involved in this thread know for a fact that what they find true for themselves is true. So maybe we're all scientologist and don't realize it yet.

Hmmm... I'm scared.... Oh My God

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, Scientology is all about making the boss money. And using evil witchcraft as basis. That's at least what Hubbards, or however the fucker is called, son said in an interview once.

Anyway, www.xenu.org for scientology related head shaking.

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plates, OW, they were plates. And the violence was perpetrated against the Mormons, not so much by them.

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riso wrote:
Dude, Scientology is all about making the boss money. And using evil witchcraft as basis. That's at least what Hubbards, or however the fucker is called, son said in an interview once.

That site points you to xenu.net, which I suspect is what you were really interested in. Wink

OW: They're all fucking nuts. It's an expensive (lucrative) racket.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
kingpinmc
Dark Stalker
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
Riso wrote:

That site points you to xenu.net, which I suspect is what you were really interested in. Wink

OW: They're all fucking nuts. It's an expensive (lucrative) racket.

Just look at Tom Cruise, minus the screwing Katie Holmes part.
"Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinkin', you know, eight year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She's about to start some shit, Zed.” - J - Men in Black

So.....

Maxi Does Dallas?

Twisted Evil - Mord
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of which, AYB just may have to reevaluate his current (and longstanding) Triumverate of Loveliness, because it's time, and Katie sucks as an actress, truley.

It was:

Katie Holmes(Prez)
Shakira(Vice Prez)
Reese Witherspoon(Vice, Vice Prez).

Not sure what it will be yet, but it very well may have Alexis Bledel.

Smile

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of which, AYB just may have to reevaluate his current (and longstanding) Triumverate of Loveliness, because it's time, and Katie sucks as an actress, truley.

It was:

Katie Holmes(Prez)
Shakira(Vice Prez)

Smile

Well, she is still physically attractive, even if she is utterly retarded. An excellent fuckpuppet, an awful partner. All too common really.

Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:

It was:

Katie Holmes(Prez)
Shakira(Vice Prez)

Smile

Well, she is still physically attractive, even if she is utterly retarded. An excellent fuckpuppet, an awful partner. All too common really.

I'd still hit it.

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

She is starting to look ridiculously hot this season.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Quote:

She is starting to look ridiculously hot this season.

If you search, you may find that AYB has been alluding to this for years

Smile

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in, AYB has indeed decided to put Alexis Bledel on the 2006 Triumvirate of Smammerinas, former President Katie Holmes has passed to smameritus status. More news to come on the status of Triumvirate members Reese Witherspoon and Shakira.

Consider yourselves informed.

Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: