Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

xradionut's day(s) off
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xradionut wrote:
Quote:
Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
'Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Bonus points for quoting The Who! Cheesy smile

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
xradionut wrote:
Quote:
Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
'Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Bonus points for quoting The Who! Cheesy smile

Or he's just quoting the theme song for CSI*. Wink Laughing

*Yes, I know it's by The Who, but the song got pushed into the limelight again with the popularity of CSI:Las Vegas

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me points to the thread where he said he doesn't watch TV Wink

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's CSI??

Today at the gym I stepped on the scale after the workout. Worked the abs and did some cardio and stretching. 215 pounds, same as last week, same as last month. Weight loss this year was only 20 pounds, so the body has become acclimated. Lots of nice well defined muscles, good blood work and the resting pulse is about 50. Trainer and doctor said I'm fine at this weight, so I'm going to keep on keeping on. Beats being the 463 pound Jubba the Hut look-a-like I was three years ago. Wouldn't mind dropping to 190, but at 205, my face starts to look like Skellator. Ate breakfast at the health cafe. Egg white omelet, wheat toast, skim milk and oatmeal pancakes. Good stuff for a cheap price. Tomorrow will be time for chest and arms, gotta be the most fit geek in the 'hood!

Should be working on a web site, blog or personal programming project, but I'm bummed out about anything that resembles my job at work. I've avoided any real computer stuff, just used the PowerMac as a appliance, movie theater, music machine, etc. I've read all the library books I got on Saturday except for the audio book that needs to be turned into MP3. Weather is nice today, so I may walk down to the bookstore and read some Harry Potter so I can figure out this movie some girl will be dragging me to in a couple of weeks. Supposed to rain tomorrow, so after the gym, it will be the library and Frys. Need to get a second hard drive for the machine.

Weekend should be more interesting. There's a Halloween party on Friday night that I'm supposed to go to with someone that is trying to set me up with someone else that will be there. This year I refuse to go in costume, showing up as a SWAT officer does tend to freak out some of the folks that want to do some 420 in the back room. And the real cops mistook me for a brother officer. I guess I have the build and stare. One lady at the gym said I should go as a centurion or a highlander, since I have the legs for a kilt.

xradionut
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
my face starts to look like Skellator

an excellent idea for an avatar!

or a NO YUO! picture

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you Mr Determination?

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuffMan wrote:
I have never taken a full vacation day or called in sick in my life. Crying or Very sad

Surprised

I hope you're young. Wink

I took off the past monday cuz family was down from MA and had to take half of yesterday off to take a sick cat to the hospital (rip).

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take days off all the time.

xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
an excellent idea for an avatar!

I don't have the blue skin or the lats, but the arms are big enough. Laughing

Quote:
Are you Mr Determination?

Nope. [Jedi]This isn't the avatar you're looking for.[/Jedi] Wink

So I go over to the bookstore and browse the Harry Potter's Giblet of Firefox. Seems to have a decent plot and some writing. Said lady also wants to bring along her daughter to the movie. So I'm being scouted as perspective family guy material. Oh well. When you get to be my age there are three sets of women that are available. Those with kids, those with grown kids and those that have none. The later are rare and usually a bit more crazy. Then there are the desperate housewives that are very crazy. No go there. Was freaked out the first couple of times that it happened. So much for morals in the land of ten thousand churches. Not that I'm a church goer, belong to the Church of Reality and don't mess with other folks relationship issues.

Sometimes I wish I had a arranged marriage like my boss, I'm getting to old for the party crowd, tired of the gold diggers and crazies. Not that I have any gold to dig. I live in the cheapest apartments in the richest county in Texas. It's like being a observer in a perverse sociological experiment. My workout partners are a land developer that used to be a minister and a stock broker that donated half the funds to build the local synagogue. The things I learn about real business...

I need to start a new project and stop reading all the books and watching DVDs. Gonna flip a coin and plunge into some sort of Smalltalk application or mess around with Python and one of the web/database frameworks. Thinking about getting back to building real hardware with solder and some code. Will probably end up spending a lot of time reading about everything and doing nothing. Lots of trivial bits in the ole noggin!

xradionut
xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool is your neighborhood?

Now I live in a apartment in suburbia, so there is a upper limit to the coolness factor. But I'm a mile from work, less than two from the gym, library branch, three grocery stores (one is a Whole Foods), two major chain book stores, a discount theater, a dinner theater and a zillion restaurants. Also there are two major hospitals, a major hiking/biking trail and a fire-station close by. Plus there is a blood donor center and a REI within five minutes walk. There are three malls, a Frys and some decent night clubs within 10 minutes drive. And close by we have minor league baseball and hockey.

So I walk over to the REI to pick up some things and chat with the cute chickster. Got a new water bottle, some laces for the boots and a cold weather cap. Had to dodge some bad parents brats that thought the place was a playground. When I got back to the complex, stopped by the office to renew my lease. Also got the following email:

Quote:
Dear Xradionut:

THANK YOU!

On behalf of North Texas transfusion recipients, Carter BloodCare would like to thank you for your recent donation. Your APHERESIS DOUBLE RED CELL donation on 10-24-2005 has the power to touch the lives of critically ill patients and the family and friends who love them. Blood donors like you save lives by making transfusions possible.

Thank you for giving blood and sharing the gift of life.

Your friends at Carter BloodCare

If only they knew I only do it for the cookies and t-shirts! Very Happy Actually I do it because Robert Heinlein ask me to and one of my acquaintances wife needed a huge amount of blood when she lost her first baby. It's good karma. It appeals to my veinity.

Laughing

xradionut
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xradionut wrote:
veinity

*groan*

It's been pissing down with rain the last week but is forecast to be completely clear tomorrow. The floor is covered in map while I try to find some place I haven't biked already Smile

Unfortunately there are no hills at all around here which is rather different to at home in Wales where I biked to work every day over a fucking mountain. I exaggerate but the hill was 300 metres bottom to top, four miles up and four down. My best time was 23 minutes, which is not so bad.
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, xradionut is tying Wilde for post length! Shocked Cheesy smile

-HitScan

OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
Wow, xradionut is tying Wilde for post length! Shocked Cheesy smile

And vanity too! Wink Very Happy The man seems to get more girls then I do, I think. Laughing

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you get to be my age there are three sets of women that are available. Those with kids, those with grown kids and those that have none.

Does that mean you are GWT?

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does that mean you are GWT?

What's a GWT? Is it a hatchback coupe?

So today was pretty boring, unlike my usual Thursdays at work which are cluster-fcks. Did the gym thing, saw a girl that was straight out of a anima film except she had normal eyes. She was working out with one of the trainers that looks actually like the Tae Bo dude on those tapes. Said hi to some of the regulars and did the usual chest routine with triceps thrown in for good measure. Left just as the "mom" squad started coming in. Mega-cardio tomorrow, legs on Saturday, depending on the fatigue factor.

Got cleaned up, ate, and decide on a long term project and headed to the bookstores. Checked out http://www.halfpricebooks.com/ in Dallas. Nothing there for the project but they will be having a cool sale for sci-fi buffs starting on Tuesday. http://www.halfpricebooks.com/l_sprague_de_camp.html I heard the local collectors and authors grumbling about this at the recent FenCon. Also dropped by Nerd Books, which has a nice "warehouse" store for the locals. Said hi to the dog and spent an hour drooling at the shelves. Got what I came for, a book on Smalltalk and chatted with the owner, Dave. Ended up at the library, dropped off four items, got four items. Nothing spectacular, did find "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" on CD. Picked up a Dallas Observer and laughed at the back page ads. Got a $15 rebate from ORA, so the "Mapping Hacks" book I got months ago at Frys cost me only sales tax and a stamp.

Decided to stay in tonight, friend wanted to go check out ladies night at a local club and I declined. Have one or two parties to go to this weekend already. Also need to answer my emails and hack some code. Been awhile since I looked at Smalltalk, Squeak looks fun.

xradionut
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half Price Books is my favorite bookstore evar. Too bad the nearest one is about an hour away. :/

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
kennedye
Petty Officer 2nd class
Petty Officer 2nd class

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?
Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet... -- 2112
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Twinkster thinks it's Jade, or does he?

Confused
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't read like Jade at all. I don't know who this is.

OSY MYSTERY!!!!
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Half Price Books is my favorite bookstore evar. Too bad the nearest one is about an hour away. :/

Sorry to hear that. I have 3 within 15 minutes drive and the big store is 25 minutes away. Has a nice display case full of trilobites. They had some funky eyes. Nothing interesting in the computing section yesterday, but did see some other interesting books.

Quote:
Doesn't read like Jade at all. I don't know who this is.

I'm not jaded, I'm O Positive! Laughing

Read too much last night, went to bed late. As soon as I wake up, will drag myself to the gym for some more fun! Also need to do the bank and the grocery store. Almost out of skim milk and apples. Will need to take a nap before the party tonight.

BTW the Squeak Robot book is good! The author has "cloned" Logo in such a way as to teach people OO programming in Smalltalk and the Squeak environment. I may have to see if I can borrow some more Squeak books from a friend. Also need to hide the Star Trek "Day of Honor" Omnibus, I read three of the books at one sitting.

xradionut
xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday night revolved around a cookout, a party, a haunted house, speed/death metal mini-concert, getting lost in the ghetto, hanging out with buxomly women in skimpy costumes.

Details after my head-ache and the ringing in my ears subsides. Now I'm off to my own bed...

x
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good remedy for hang over is a work-out. If you're going to suffer anyway, might as well face it head-on and sweat it out too. Plus, the smell of liquor in the morning keeps others at bay!

xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A good remedy for hang over is a work-out. If you're going to suffer anyway, might as well face it head-on and sweat it out too. Plus, the smell of liquor in the morning keeps others at bay!

It's not a hangover. My sinuses are acting up due to all the crap in the air, plus the smoke from the bonfire. The darn thing is evolving to a full fledged head cold.
Crying or Very sad

So Friday evening I headed out to this party near Allen. Showed up early to help setup, got put on fire watch on the bonfire, biggest problem was keeping people from getting too close and setting their costumes on fire. After awhile ton of people showed up and I met up with a guy I used to work with and we end up talking to some girls that came with him. One took a fancy to me, so around ten, the four of us bailed and headed to Haunted House/Metal Concert where she knew a member of one of the bands. Got lost in the ghetto on the way, bad directions and a crap map. His girl wasn't feeling good, so after the second set, we headed back and he dropped me and girl that fancied me off at my car, then I ended up at the girl that fancied me's apartment, where we talked and nuzzled for a couple of hours. She had to work in the morning, so I got a number and a date for this coming weekend, then headed home.

Saturday is my normal day off from the gym, so I slept most of the day, then laid around reading most of the rest of the day. Walked to pub, had dinner with some friends and went home and crashed. Today, got up and did a real light workout at the gym, abs and cardio, sweated like a pig, not a real good sign for such a easy workout. Ate lunch, then saw "Serenity" again with a fellow Fen. Now I've gotten everything ready for work this next week, listening to some jazz and blues and eating some homemade Tex-Mex Chili. Hot and spicy, maybe it will blow my sinuses apart!

xradionut
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: