Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

xradionut's day(s) off
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: xradionut's day(s) off Reply with quote

Hello osy!

After slaving away at CorpX for most of the year without a real break my boss discovered that I had the highest number of unused vacation, sick, and comp days of anyone in the division. In fact I was in the top five workaholics of the whole damn CorpX. So on Friday they unchained me from the the desk and kicked me out the door saying "Come back on Halloween". So with much gnashing of teeth from my coworkers, I walked out to experience this thing called "Life".

The stress of having nothing to do caused immediate shock and fatigue so after eating at a local pub on Friday, I came home and crashed. So Saturday I did the opposite and endeavored to squeeze as much activity as possible before meeting Mr. Sandman again. First stop was the gym, where destroying the lower limbs with the assorted semi-automatic torture devices was on the schedule. Then lunch and a movie (W & G: Curse of the WereRabbit) with my cousin and his son. Then I got the crap beaten out of me with a table massage. Then dinner and Scrabble with my other cousin at the local bookstore/coffee shop.

Sunday was a day of rest reading and recovery. Also calls and emails from the single women that family, friends and coworkers are trying to set me up with. Weather suck, but I ventured out to get some lunch, watch some football and people watch at the local pub. Didn't get the usual bitchy barmaid, but a red-hair cutie that was actually good at keeping the hot tea filled. Ran into some chums from the gym and had a good chat. Went to the grocery and got mucho poultry that was on sale.

I guess I'm a bi-polar non-traveling tourist, since Monday was chock full of activity. Went to the gym after posting some bills. Did a wonderful upper body workout, some cardio then ate breakfast at the health cafe. Different crowd from the usual evening folks. Lots of woman with wealth husbands, trying to stay in shape so they can keep them. (This is a rich, vain city where I am just a flea on the wall observing the nonsense.) A shower, then off to the local blood bank to feed the vampires. Did double reds, got juice, cookies and a couple of t-shirts. And a smug do-gooder feeling. Hopeful my blood saves some kid that has a future, not some junkie that got shot breaking into a house. Then it was off to top up the tank with fajitas and such. After the repast, went and saw "DooM" at the cinema. Enjoyed it, but that was probably due to the loss of blood earlier in the day. Then came home to do massive cooking. Grilled breast, sausages, made salad and turkey chili. Added too much water, didn't want to spend forever boiling it down, so I added some oatmeal. Cereal filler indeed, the final product is ubertasty, but looks like red, uncured cement. Good fuel!

Rex Tremendae Majestatis! I have six more days to fill with various activities! Not traveling till next month, so I'm just smamming around town for now.

xradionut
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is a fucking introduction if I ever read one.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
PaoloM
The King Of Crap
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but who the hell are you?!
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell are you?

Note: We have all switched avatars as part of some grand halloween tradition. OW has excluded himself because he apparently is a poopy-head.

EDIT: Beat to the punch by Paolo! It must be because FireFox is slower than IE! Damn OSS!
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaoloM wrote:

You know, I've thought about this one. I know that it's a grand tradition (as grand as anything less than semi-anual can aspire to. Wink ) but I think it gets misinterpretted, roughly, 90%+ of the time.

I'm not suggesting a change, I'm far too lazy for that.* But I thought I'd just put that out there and see what comes of it.

*Besides, I was grandfathered in before this came about. Cheesy smile

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaoloM wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking the WHOLE time I read that post.

Well, that and "mmmmmm fajitas..."

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
Who the hell are you?

Note: We have all switched avatars as part of some grand halloween tradition. OW has excluded himself because he apparently is a poopy-head.

EDIT: Beat to the punch by Paolo! It must be because FireFox is slower than IE! Damn OSS!

Huh? Who said I wouldn't do it? I'll do it on Halloween itself. I protest against celebrating holidays way before the day itself. I guess it's because I'm sick of the commercial aspects of it every day when I'm walking past stores. I need to have some place of reasonable sanity. Obviously that place isn't OSY since sanity is not the norm here, which is good; but being insane to me means we don't follow the road the masses tread upon. So, till October 31st +8GMT, I'll be guised as myself. On the day itself I shall put upon a cunning guise, and shall do so till Oct. 31st has passed even for my fellow American buddies (since you guys are the last in the time zone relative to me). Or, perhaps I shall put on a guise earlier since BenN is in Japan. Need to involve all the smammy buddies.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
Huh? Who said I wouldn't do it? I'll do it on Halloween itself. I protest against celebrating holidays way before the day itself. I guess it's because I'm sick of the commercial aspects of it every day when I'm walking past stores. I need to have some place of reasonable sanity. Obviously that place isn't OSY since sanity is not the norm here, which is good; but being insane to me means we don't follow the road the masses tread upon. So, till October 31st +8GMT, I'll be guised as myself. On the day itself I shall put upon a cunning guise, and shall do so till Oct. 31st has passed even for my fellow American buddies (since you guys are the last in the time zone relative to me). Or, perhaps I shall put on a guise earlier since BenN is in Japan. Need to involve all the smammy buddies.

Everybody scatter! He's on to our "per avatar switch" charging scam!
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, what did we say about "alking-tay about-ay e-thay an-play"?

I must now demote you to avatar salesman, third class limited.

Very Happy

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Have you met the Mighty AYB?

you have now.
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
PaoloM wrote:

You know, I've thought about this one. I know that it's a grand tradition (as grand as anything less than semi-anual can aspire to. Wink ) but I think it gets misinterpretted, roughly, 90%+ of the time.

Yeah, but it's a vital part of the hazing ritual. People on OSY NEED to have a sense of humor cause lord knows none of us here take anything seriously and we all say random things that could easily be offensive if we didn't have a sense of humor.
A true smammer would answer to, 'who the fuck are you!?', with, 'I'm a fucking smammer who comes from Idaho and I like potatoes!'. You know then, we got a true smammer of keeps.
Ultimately, the intent is never with malice, and those that stay on realize it soon enough. One would hope. Otherwise, what do we look like to outsiders? A bunch of monkeys in a cage flinging poop on to each other?

xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
'Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

I'm a smammer with a invisible avatar! Very Happy

Great costume, ay!
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah!

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah!!!!!

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todays smammy vacation agenda:

Already ate a big breakfast of oatmeal and turkey sausages. Need the fuel for the the hike outside. I'm from South Texas so I like the weather hot, three hour jaunts on a concrete trail in the 95 degree heat while listening to techno and death metal are child's play. But one of my out of shape ex-girl friends must have seized control of the big thermostat in the sky here in North Texas, it's in the forties! Yikes! I'll have to wear pants...

As for the route:

Running through the suburban desert of Central Plano, the Preston Ridge Trail features stunning vistas of high tension power lines against the sky and wild flowers sparsely scattered along the edges of the path . Also prominent are the two stunning water towers that date from the later twentieth century period and feature this ancient city's crest. Travelers should bring water and provisions if they wished to journey the full length, there are no rest stops on the way. Care should be taken when fording the swift streams of traffic that periodically cross the trail and one should watch for the ordure of the domestic canine that may be encountered in the grassy areas.

xradionut
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avast ye!

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
Jay, what did we say about "alking-tay about-ay e-thay an-play"?

I must now demote you to avatar salesman, third class limited.

But but but..... I sold some anti-rust sealent to a "customer" today, surely that counts for something, right?
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, xradionut, whoever you are!
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to thank the host for providing this forum. Dance!

I took a much longer hike than planned today. Started out a 10:30 and end up almost at 2:00. Hike from the apartment which is near Park and Preston almost to Alma and Spring Creek... and back. I got warmer as the morning went on, shedded layers and kept going. Bought along some Gatorade, water, protein bars and apples, so I had a quick picnic in the park. Also had some heavy books in pack to fill it up and add a challenge. They were plenty weighty, one was a book on programming Linux and the other was a out of date tomb on creating games in Java. This being a techno hike, the iPod was playing Oakenfield, Armin Van Buuren and PvD.

Saw 6 bikers, four walkers, two runners and 4 quadrupeds along the route. Small number of birds, tree rats and butterflies were included on the census. Passed countless churches, schools, two library branches, two rec centers, two fire stations and three separate Verizon crews keep the bits flowing.

Ended up with some hot spots on the balls of feet, but no blisters, so I guess the boots are finally broken in. Got a few stares with the Army t-shirt and surplus pack, but no one yelled at me like the time I wore the florescent orange and yellow outfit. So more cardio logged and in the bag.

xradionut
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakenfold is so not techno Razz
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewis wrote:
Oakenfold is so not techno Razz
Hehehehe... I just downloaded some Oakenfold the other day. Isn't it considered more "Trance" than anything?
xradionut
Midshipman
Midshipman

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tecno, trance, it doesn't matter as long as it has a good beat to keep the legs moving. I've hiked listening to rock, classic, house, rap and even C&W. But opera or show tunes don't work as well, too much tendency to break out in a aria and freak out the local constables.

Imagine the day as a piece of interactive fiction:

It's a beautiful nippy day with the cloudless sky. You are standing on a paved bike trail that runs under huge transmission towers that stretches to the north and south as far as the eye can see. Bordering the trail are fields of short dry grass contained by the fences of the Great Suburban Desert. There is a short post with a plaque on the side of the trail. A small dark object lies in the middle the trail. There is compelling music that makes you want to dance or go on a hike.

> Examine plaque

Welcome to the Smammy Trail Adventure!

> Examine dark object

Looks like someone dropped a unwrapped chocolate bar.

Laughing
DuffMan
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep posting every day so we can live your vacation vicariously.

I have never taken a full vacation day or called in sick in my life. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: