Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

PHPBB session tables eat pony scrotum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: PHPBB session tables eat pony scrotum Reply with quote

fagg0t wrote:
phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1114 The table 'phpbb_sessions' is full

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in) VALUES ('6f8ead1f338640af9bb0fc84d5644341', 82, 1129738018, 1129738018, 'a58bdd41', 2, 1)

Line : 158
File : D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpBB2\includes\sessions.php

What's all this? MySQL table packed up, bits all backed up? Error messages all whack, BB not doing jack? Days without MySQL are understandable, but a life without smam is a life unstandable; it's tangible: the effect of good smamming on a brain that's pained. Tried all day but the screen stayed stained: "The table 'phpbb_sessions' is full, no bull."

Shiiit.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an annoying PHPBB bug, that I actually had fixed before, but the last "upgrade" reversed the fix.

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=42

What I don't get is this: you PHPBB people KNOW it is a problem, why not just put that code in the actual PHPBB release, rather than making me suffer every time?
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. And there was me so desperate to talk about the new quad-core G5s.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start a thread!
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that desperate. Just like, oooo... pretty.
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quad Core G5s.... mmmmmm.... It's too bad that according to recent reports the Dual Core Xeons stink. Of course Dual Core Opterons are still mighty tasty...
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard, the Dual Core Xeons are still sharing memory bandwidth, but the Opterons are not. Is that really true? How can Intel be so lame?
-- Carl Sagan

DeAthe
Awaits you all, with nasty big pointy teeth..
Captain
Captain

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pony scrotums UNITE against this barbarism. No longer shall we be consumed by the evil that is PHPBB!

/me votes for more smammy additions.
/me needs a job.
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me votes for pony scrotums

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the PHPBB "kb" page I have to ask myself, "WTF?!" I mean, you make a table that doesn't drop it's rows on any kind of schedule, right? And then you make that table a type that has a inheirit low row limit. Now, maybe I'm just stretching here, but I smell some mighty funk. Do they think that most BBs are only up about a week, or that some admin has so little to do that they'll clear out the session table every few days?

If you put things in, you must take them out. These are the rules, there is no doubt.

So, Jeremy, which fix do you use, or did you modify one of them a bit? The auto-cleaner was the only one that made sense, but it just wipes out the oldest 50 when it hits 2500. That's a hack only a chump could love. I imagine that the lack of decent choices are why they don't include one of the fixes in the release, they all suck. (even if they work... most of the time.)

Anyway, I'm not trying to bash on our smamtastic forum, but teh logic used to create it's software surely belongs on www.thedailywtf.com.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
From what I've heard, the Dual Core Xeons are still sharing memory bandwidth, but the Opterons are not. Is that really true? How can Intel be so lame?

I believe you are right on that point. I think it's mainly that Intel was caught off guard by how well the Opteron did. They honestly didn't expect it to do so well.... but boy were they wrong. Seeing that I own a Turion based laptop now and can speak from experience - AMDs processors sure do kick a lot of ass nowadays. My 1.6ghz Turion laptop can but a hurting on single threaded apps running on my dual 2.6ghz Xeon workstation upstairs.

It seems that AMD processors might actually be getting decent chipset support (i.e. not just VIA crap) which doesn't bode well for Intel on the Workstation/Desktop front unless they kick it up a notch. From what I understand the next revision (which I can't remember the code name for) is supposed to rock the house (at least according to Hannibal at Ars) but thats kinda like playing the RSN game, isn't it?
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
So, Jeremy, which fix do you use, or did you modify one of them a bit? The auto-cleaner was the only one that made sense, but it just wipes out the oldest 50 when it hits 2500.

Is the limit 2500? If so that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard... gg PHPBB!
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So, Jeremy, which fix do you use, or did you modify one of them a bit? The auto-cleaner was the only one that made sense, but it just wipes out the oldest 50 when it hits 2500. That's a hack only a chump could love. I imagine that the lack of decent choices are why they don't include one of the fixes in the release, they all suck. (even if they work... most of the time.)

I used the auto-cleaner fix, which seems to have done the trick. If it ever stops working, I'll fiddle with it more, but I'd rather leave it alone.

It does seem like some ass-backwards hackery, but I'm still surprised that they don't include it in the release-- I mean, look at the code. All it's doing is replacing IF (stupid_error) THEN (throw_up_and_die) with IF (stupid_error) THEN (try_to_make_it_better_first). Why would you not want that in your code? How is that in any way worse than the code it replaced?
-- Carl Sagan

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
How is that in any way worse than the code it replaced?

True.

Feign
The Ruiner's a collector...
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
Jeremy Reimer wrote:

I believe you are right on that point. I think it's mainly that Intel was caught off guard by how well the Opteron did. They honestly didn't expect it to do so well.... but boy were they wrong. Seeing that I own a Turion based laptop now and can speak from experience - AMDs processors sure do kick a lot of ass nowadays. My 1.6ghz Turion laptop can but a hurting on single threaded apps running on my dual 2.6ghz Xeon workstation upstairs.

Longer pipeline in the P4/Xeon. Not every app is going to be that way.

They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make. - Hitscan on the PS3

(on smoking...) Two later in the night because I can't seem to take a shit without needing the nicotine to relax my ass muscles or some such deal. So took a shit too. - Oscarwilde on smoking

Yea and he said unto the masses "Jet behaveth as ass" and so it was. - Hitscan on Exchange

OSY Image Uploader - Use it, you bitches!
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feign wrote:
Longer pipeline in the P4/Xeon. Not every app is going to be that way.

I would imagine most of them would be though. These are the old style 400mhz FSB Xeons. The box is over 2.5 years old so I can't say that I'm surprised that a new laptop could give it a run for it's money. The machine still runs a couple of things a bit faster (i.e. games and emulators) but I suspect a lot of that is because of the Radeon 9700 pro sitting in it rather than anything else. Most purely processor limited tasks seem to do a lot better on the laptop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: