Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Official #osy Status Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harbinger wrote:
MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
++ on all counts. I'll be on later tonight, when we're visiting the inlaws. Wink

/me hopes that Harb made it out alive...

Since I posted here this morning, I would think so. Very Happy

So it's only a flesh wound?

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They tried to take my firstborn, but fortunately we have a secondborn to take its place. Very Happy

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AYB doesn't seem to be able to get to #osy. what's up? unable to connect to magusxp.dyndns.org

Confused
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roight. AYB remembered that Magus was having some difficulty.

so, what's the werd?

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems afaik... we've been online all morning...

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
No problems afaik... we've been online all morning...

AYB cannot connect!

Sad

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AYB gets timeouts immediately when he tries tracert, can't even tracert google! what kinda shitty router does his isp give him?!

Mad

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us wrote:
AYB gets timeouts immediately when he tries tracert, can't even tracert google! what kinda shitty router does his isp give him?!

Mad

Could be worse, Linksys "broadband routers" immediately reset when you try to run a tracert through them.

That's powerful ass right there.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to qualify that....cuz mine works just fine.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mighty One forgot to note that he's been able to smam #osy since his last post. Indeed, he's lurking away as I type!

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord wrote:

Maybe it's my firmware revision then, because I have two that do it consistantly, straight from the box.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
Mord wrote:

Maybe it's my firmware revision then, because I have two that do it consistantly, straight from the box.

You run a Linksys straight out of the box? You're a braver man than I.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
The Mighty One forgot to note that he's been able to smam #osy since his last post. Indeed, he's lurking away as I type!

Indeed he was!

Smile

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord wrote:
HitScan wrote:
Mord wrote:

You run a Linksys straight out of the box? You're a braver man than I.

Perhaps there's something to be said for keeping up to date. I'll update it and take another look.

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry folks, Rita sent a tornado near my lair and power is out. Not all that bad, so hopefully we'll be back soon.

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Stewart, to the supreme being: "What part of God Bless America don't you understand???"
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Dvixen
Sugar standards in exported confectionaries Minister
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me throws open the doors of the #osy shelter on irc.dumpshock.com (6667)
kingpinmc
Dark Stalker
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Jon Stewart, to the supreme being: "What part of God Bless America don't you understand???"

Since his words are golden.

I've been to Canada, and I've always gotten the impression that I could take the country over in about two days.
Jon Stewart
"Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinkin', you know, eight year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She's about to start some shit, Zed.” - J - Men in Black

So.....

Maxi Does Dallas?

Twisted Evil - Mord
kingpinmc
Dark Stalker
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:

Oh and where is the "was anything damaged?" "are you ok?" "hope everything is alright"

I am glad your hatred for America far outweighs your caring for friends. This shows your true colors.
"Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinkin', you know, eight year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She's about to start some shit, Zed.” - J - Men in Black

So.....

Maxi Does Dallas?

Twisted Evil - Mord
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Sad

#OSY lives again, though! Smile

-HitScan

Dvixen
Sugar standards in exported confectionaries Minister
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingpinmc wrote:
I am glad your hatred for America far outweighs your caring for friends. This shows your true colors.

Considering that particular Jon quote in your first response to JR - that's bloody well uncalled for.

Magus said things weren't all that bad - and because we trust his judgement, we took him at his word, knowing he'd tell us otherwise. There are enough of his crew in the area, we know we'd hear if it were otherwise.

Just because our concern and questions are not here, in this specific place where you can read it with your own eyes, doesn't mean those of us who aren't below the magic line of worthyness aren't worried.

Instead, assume away, it's all the rage.

Talk about showing your own true colours.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It shows nothing of the kind. Are you saying Jon Stewart hates America?

When he spoke those words, everybody in the audience laughed.

Are you saying everyone in his audience that night hated America?

What are you saying, really?
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was meant another way, but it sounded like mocking God. Sad

-HitScan

Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Maybe it was meant another way, but it sounded like mocking God.

I think God's big enough to handle a little mocking now and then, don't you? Don't you think God has a sense of humor? I would imagine he, if he exists, would have an excellent sense of humor.
-- Carl Sagan

MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dvixen wrote:
kingpinmc wrote:

Considering that particular Jon quote in your first response to JR - that's bloody well uncalled for.

Magus said things weren't all that bad - and because we trust his judgement, we took him at his word, knowing he'd tell us otherwise. There are enough of his crew in the area, we know we'd hear if it were otherwise.

Just because our concern and questions are not here, in this specific place where you can read it with your own eyes, doesn't mean those of us who aren't below the magic line of worthyness aren't worried.

Instead, assume away, it's all the rage.

Talk about showing your own true colours.

I'm pretty sure, Dv, that this was not an attack on Canada or her people as a whole. I think that the Jon Stewart quote was just used to prove a point: don't praise Jon Stewart for bashing America because he bashes Canada, too. In fact, I would say that all of those comments were directly for JR and his comments.
Kingpin expressed what a few of us were feeling: 1) we took offense at the mocking of our God, 2) JR's post showed absolutely no concern for those affected by the hurricane. Kingpin, Magus, and my family live in an area that has had Katrina's eye about an hour east and now Rita's eye about an hour or two west of them. There's a lot of emotion there! So no, he wasn't saying or in any way insinuating that none of our Canadian smammers cared anything for us. He was just saying that JR's comment was inappropriate, especially considering JR showed no concern for anyone's well-being. Yes, Magus said that it wasn't all that bad, but he can't speak for all of us simply because he doesn't know.

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: