Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Official #osy Status Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Official #osy Status Thread Reply with quote

I'm creating this thread to serve for announcing Windows Updates, reboots, hardware swaps, and anything else that might affect #osy's uptime.

Reply or not as you like, I'll just post in here whenever #osy will be experienced planned downtime. Smile

Jeremy, perhaps you could sticky this thread in place of the other? To preserve the most important part of it, I repeat the connection info:

Server: irc.magusxp.dyndns.org
Ports: 6667 (preferred), 3389 (setup for at-work IRC, more ports can be set by request)
Channel: #osy

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the first announcement:

I will be rebooting both my ISA Server and Turin (#osy's lovely server) for Windows Update shortly. Time is 7:35 CST.

Thanks,
#osy Management

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing @ '#osy Managment'

Can I be part of the #OSY team? Like say, make me CIU, Chatzilla IRC User

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilde: Done. Smile

To add something I should have said in the first post, I will do my best to be sure planned downtimes take place when there is no activity.

-HitScan

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is 08:00 hours Central Time and AYB is on #osy.

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
DuffMan
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the title of Vice President of Smam, and Smammy opperations.
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Smile

-HitScan

Count_Blah
Yummy?
Commander
Commander

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be the fouder of the Blahist strain of smammist IRC chatter

Remember: Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of Life.
-- Dave Butler
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what title should AYB have?

Confused
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stickified.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Stickified.

AYB's title should be "Stickified"?

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
FondueDaredevil
Linux Looney
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: My name is Elmer J Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord wrote:
Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Stickified.

AYB's title should be "Stickified"?
Title or state-of-being?

"I call on those who question the motives of the president and his national security advisers to join with the rest of America in presenting a united front to our enemies abroad." Sen. Dick Durbin, 1998

"There's no set architecture in Linux. All roads lead to madness" - William Hilf, Microsoft homonculous

Supervillains for Linux!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moose cock erections, anyone?

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Count_Blah
Yummy?
Commander
Commander

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to get flamed and burned go to Blah's room of trolling. #flamegrill

You will get toasted.

Remember: Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of Life.
-- Dave Butler
DeAthe
Awaits you all, with nasty big pointy teeth..
Captain
Captain

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mags,

How about port 80 for us severly firewalled types?
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What shall my title be?

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thundar wrote:
What shall my title be?

Lord of the Gas
Lord of the Flatulence (sp? right word?)
Lord of the Bad Jokes
Lord of looking up cheer leader skirts while tossing them up in the air and stuff.

The last one is a bit long, however. Might have to shorten that if needed.

Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
Thundar wrote:
What shall my title be?

Lord of the Flatulence (sp? right word?)

It's the right word, and spelled correctly, but you should probably take out the 'the'.

OscarWilde wrote:
Lord of looking up cheer leader skirts while tossing them up in the air and stuff.

The last one is a bit long, however. Might have to shorten that if needed.

Lord of Cheerleader Skirt Peering?
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thundar wrote:
What shall my title be?

Following the trend, I suggest Blaster Master.

Very Happy

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeAthe wrote:
Hey Mags,

How about port 80 for us severly firewalled types?
Got a web server on 80, so two thoughts:

1) Do you have ssh open? If so, I can give you an account on my loonix box and help you setup irssi.

2) If not, I've been looking for a web->irc client that'll run on IIS6, and will keep looking. Any suggestions are welcome.

-HitScan

FondueDaredevil
Linux Looney
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just telnet to the port ...

"I call on those who question the motives of the president and his national security advisers to join with the rest of America in presenting a united front to our enemies abroad." Sen. Dick Durbin, 1998

"There's no set architecture in Linux. All roads lead to madness" - William Hilf, Microsoft homonculous

Supervillains for Linux!
DeAthe
Awaits you all, with nasty big pointy teeth..
Captain
Captain

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty umm, ... interesting. Smile

Yea, no SSH no Telnet, this place is locked down pretty hard. Only way I've been able is to use RD to hook into box and home and go from there, I may just continue to do that. ( cept RD eats ram & cpu on this p3 833 128mb Win2k machine )
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeAthe wrote:
That is pretty umm, ... interesting. Smile

Yea, no SSH no Telnet, this place is locked down pretty hard. Only way I've been able is to use RD to hook into box and home and go from there, I may just continue to do that. ( cept RD eats ram & cpu on this p3 833 128mb Win2k machine )

Want some RAM? Very Happy

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDP is open? Great!

I have 3389 (the normal RDP port) forwarding to 6667 on the IRC server, so you can point a client to magusxp.dyndns.org:3389, DeAthe. Smile

-HitScan

FondueDaredevil
Linux Looney
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get my app to login to the server and list the channels last night. Very Happy

Next mission; have my app join #osy and list the users and subject.

Supervillains for Linux!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: