Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

An email from APK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad that thread is still going. JR you are definitely a more stubborn man than I when it comes to dealing with APKs brand of insanity. But honestly at some point this has got to end.... its literally become the both of you spouting the same responses over and over again. But fighting fire with fire does work from time to time... so more power to you.

P.S. Johnny I loved your posts.... I seriously doubt APK would've gotten the joke on his own. He is so desperate to believe that his software is good that he'll buy into anything at this point.
gisboth
Petty Officer 2nd class
Petty Officer 2nd class

kiribati.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh!!

Johnny - that was a brilliant bit of smammery.

But I, Mr. Smartypants, had to go and fuck it up. Damn!!

Obviously, I didn't get enough Seinfeld. (I'm a Larry Sanders kind of guy.)

Double Damn!!!
jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking that someone should register on those forums and pull an APK, claiming that the previous poster was an imposter and demand removal of that thread.
"I learned something really important in college today. I don't want to be there." - King of the Hill
Error
Petty Officer 2nd class
Petty Officer 2nd class

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previous poster is an imposter; I'm the real jdsmith575. Shoot that fake bastard good! Satan grin
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It's sad that thread is still going. JR you are definitely a more stubborn man than I when it comes to dealing with APKs brand of insanity. But honestly at some point this has got to end.... its literally become the both of you spouting the same responses over and over again.

Oh, I'm quite aware of that, but that's not going to stop me.

We'll see who dies of old age first.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdsmith575 wrote:
I was just thinking that someone should register on those forums and pull an APK, claiming that the previous poster was an imposter and demand removal of that thread.

If only I hadn't left the thread - I would do exactly that. That is the best idea EVAR. Do it JR. Do it now.
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
We'll see who dies of old age first.

If he dies first your machine will be haunted for the rest of eternity by spontaneous installations of APKTools.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If only I hadn't left the thread - I would do exactly that. That is the best idea EVAR. Do it JR. Do it now.

No, that is too silly.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Quote:

No, that is too silly.

Therefore it is up to AYB. Smile

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
JohnnyConvoluted
Midshipman
Midshipman

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the last time I'll drag this up.

Is it possible that the mythos of APK may be a hoax, constructed by someone with more free time than even us? While I haven't dealt with him on any level more than message board, (unlike others) I have noticed APK has been, well, APK for some years now (+/-5 IME). My experience with those who are doublenuts insane is that they hit bottom quite regularly/frequently, especially without supervision. Yet year in, year out he keeps going.

If APK's presence in real life is even one tenth of his online presence, I can't imagine how he would be able to function. What is the possibility that someone just said: Let's pretend to be J3FF k at age 35 and screw with people?
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Is it possible that the mythos of APK may be a hoax, constructed by someone with more free time than even us?

This has been suggested, but it doesn't bear scrutiny. If someone was doing this as a hoax, they would have even less stamina for keeping up the ruse day after day, week after week, year after year, etc.

And someone doing this as a hoax would not actually phone up people's ISPs and try to get their access cut off.

Quote:

If APK's presence in real life is even one tenth of his online presence, I can't imagine how he would be able to function.

It's quite possible that he doesn't function properly in real life-- judging from some of the comments he made about my wife (and the fact that he had to drop his broadband connection and couldn't pay to keep his wretched tools on zdnet due to lack of funds) I imagine he's either living on welfare or his mother is paying his bills, or both.

Quote:

My experience with those who are doublenuts insane is that they hit bottom quite regularly/frequently, especially without supervision.

It depends on the mental condition. If he has the mental condition he has been diagnosed with by other online users (including some who were studying in psychology), he would have to keep going, and in fact his online behavior would easily be explained by this condition. People who have narcissistic disorders will go to any length to find evidence of their own superiority over all other people. This is why he constantly talks about how he "beat" everyone he ever had an argument with. It's a delusional state, so no matter how sucky his real life is, he is able to pretend that it's actually really great, better than anyone else's.
-- Carl Sagan

JohnnyConvoluted
Midshipman
Midshipman

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, JR,for the insight.

I'm nothing more than a cocktail party psychologist. (And a rather poor one at that.) This APK thing has caught my interest for one reason. People for whom Truth=What they can make people believe, bug me.

I had not even considered the possibility of charity from either family or the state. I'd guess that it would be short work for APK to convince SSI to pay him some sort of disability.

While I don't advocate screwing with the unbalanced, perhaps this APK exchange will be part of what helps him seek out some meds.

Until such time, APK is, and will continue to be, the blunt object used by stupidity to beat us all.
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny, you obviously have never read or heard of Madan. Our very own insane dood that used to post here. There maybe degrees of idiocy between Madan and APK, but both exhibit similar behaviour. I swear, there must be an insane asylum that provides internet access to the inmates. Like you said: how do these people function in the real world (not MTV's real world, which has it's own share of idiots).

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
JohnnyConvoluted
Midshipman
Midshipman

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Madan from Ars. If memory serves, while Madan would cling to a lost argument, even in the light of better information, he would at least be able to remain civil for some lenght of time. APK seems to be able to go from semi-sane to raving insane lunatic in a matter of a few posts.

Heh. Madan. His arguments made me laugh out loud more than a few times.

Edit to add: I was just reading the thread linked in JR's sig. I always find it amusing that people like Madan/APK will never discern the common element in all their life's conflicts.
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

he would at least be able to remain civil for some lenght of time

While this can be construed as true, Madan's biggest weakness is that he always seemed to respond to mosquito bites with full frontal nuclear assaults.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
JohnnyConvoluted
Midshipman
Midshipman

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzzzzzzzzz BOOOM!! bzzzzzz BOOM!! bzzzzzzzzzz BOOM!!

Never fails to delight.
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyConvoluted wrote:
bzzzzzzzzz BOOOM!! bzzzzzz BOOM!! bzzzzzzzzzz BOOM!!

Never fails to delight.

Or irradiate. Very Happy

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
hux
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, anyone checked the WinITPro thread recently? It seems the staff have been doing some work on it to make it play nice. They've put in a 2000 character post limit (no more thesis-length posts from APK, perhaps?) and split the mega-thread onto separate pages. 120-something pages!!!

I fucking can't believe he's still posting the same old crap though. I seriously thought he'd give it up sometime in February but the dude is an Energizer bunny of lunacy. I'm starting to think that he'll push right through to 2006 is people keep responding. In fact part of me thinks that at this point he (and all his multiple "Anonymous" poster personalities) would keep it going even if he was the only one there! Oh My God
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I bet the WindowsITpro folks are just laughing all the way to the bank at the extra revenue that is being brought in from all the people coming into view this trainwreck.

He still manages to cut and paste his 10,000 word diatribe each time, despite the 2000 word 'limit'. Those WindowsITpro guys are not exactly the brightest bulbs when it comes to software development.
-- Carl Sagan

PaoloM
The King Of Crap
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyConvoluted wrote:
Thanks, JR,for the insight.

I'm nothing more than a cocktail party psychologist.

mmhhh... cocktail parties...
Error
Petty Officer 2nd class
Petty Officer 2nd class

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaoloM wrote:

I find your use of the word "cocktail" in this instance disturbing for some reason.
JohnnyConvoluted
Midshipman
Midshipman

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
PaoloM wrote:

I find your use of the word "cocktail" in this instance disturbing for some reason.

Yeah. Up until this very moment, cocktail party was nothing more than people dressing formally to hang out at someone's house in my mind. Stripped of context (Homer aside), I'm thinking of a couple of things the wife will be slapping me about later. Thanks Very Happy

APK is priceless. He keeps ignoring me though. "Uggh! I an so confused! " Just posted that and now I got nothing.
interiot
Midshipman
Midshipman

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe you still have that thread going with him, Jeremy. That thread has officially been going for more than a year now.

Anyway, I had the misfortune of meeting APK when he recently started trolling slashdot. A bit of googling led me here. This thread is hilarious.

The reason I'm posting is that I found that someone else is the primary resident at APK's house. That either means he's married, or he's living with his mom. That's probably not a tough one to guess, but I had to pay for an account at privateeye.com just to be sure. It turns out APK wasn't lying about his age, he was indeed born on 01/31/1965. And Jan Kowalski's birthday? 12/03/1933.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The reason I'm posting is that I found that someone else is the primary resident at APK's house. That either means he's married, or he's living with his mom.

Oh, that's too sweet. Living at home with his mommy! At age 40!

I can't believe the thread is still going on either.

Welcome to OSY, by the way. Smile
-- Carl Sagan

FondueDaredevil
Linux Looney
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: My name is Elmer J Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interiot wrote:
... I had the misfortune of meeting APK when he recently started trolling slashdot. A bit of googling led me here.
I love your response ...
Quote:
Please post as a logged-in person, so I can see if you always talk like that. And if you really do always talk like that, log in so I can put you in my "Foes" list.
Laughing

"I call on those who question the motives of the president and his national security advisers to join with the rest of America in presenting a united front to our enemies abroad." Sen. Dick Durbin, 1998

"There's no set architecture in Linux. All roads lead to madness" - William Hilf, Microsoft homonculous

Supervillains for Linux!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: