Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Fuck you Sony.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Fuck you Sony. Reply with quote

So I may not be buying that PS2 Linux kit, because Sony are CUNTS and will not take my credit card information. I tried my Debit card (also a Mastercard) and my "real" CC, a Visa. I even went through that Verified by Visa shit, and STILL, STILL they tell me to pound sand. What a load of asschowder.

TEH LOGISTICS ARE SIMPLE SONY, I GIVES YOU MONEYS, YOU GIVES ME TOYS. THERE IS NO "FUCK YOU" STEP.

Bitches.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that every single place on the "Buy it from here" page carries everything BUT what I'm looking for. So storeus.playstation.com is THE ONLY SUPPLIER LISTED THAT CARRIES IT! And they won't give it to me!

Double bitches.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Fuck you Sony. Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:

TEH LOGISTICS ARE SIMPLE SONY, I GIVES YOU MONEYS, YOU GIVES ME TOYS. THERE IS NO "FUCK YOU" STEP.

Consider this stolen.

Laughing

"How delightful it would be to converse intimately with someone of the same mind, sharing with him the pleasures of uninhibited conversation on the amusing and foolish things of this world, but such friends are hard to find." -- Kenko Yoshida, Essays In Idleness
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent sig it is indeed!

Twisted Evil
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Fuck you Sony. Reply with quote

Imitation Gruel wrote:
HitScan wrote:

Consider this stolen.

Laughing
LOL

As time stretches on here at OSY Extreme, everyone will eventually have quotes in their sig from the other members.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it odd that a Sony web site wouldn't want your money. Everytime I step into a Sony Store (TM) the salesman start drooling on me, and one time I touched my wallet and I think one of them had an orgasm.

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord wrote:
I find it odd that a Sony web site wouldn't want your money. Everytime I step into a Sony Store (TM) the salesman start drooling on me, and one time I touched my wallet and I think one of them had an orgasm.

I went to the store with the second biggest selection on earth (ebay. Wink ) and got one with shipping, $9 less than Sony's price without shipping. Now, unless I am fucked and have to go to jail for killing someone, I am Victorious.

(The only one on all of ebay and half.com! That I don't care so much for.)

HAHA!

I'm in two sigs now! I am elated. Very Happy

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should e-mail a link for this thread to Sony's Customer Support department. If they see that they're getting trashed, perhaps they'll get off their asses and do something about it.

"How delightful it would be to converse intimately with someone of the same mind, sharing with him the pleasures of uninhibited conversation on the amusing and foolish things of this world, but such friends are hard to find." -- Kenko Yoshida, Essays In Idleness
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imitation Gruel wrote:
Maybe you should e-mail a link for this thread to Sony's Customer Support department. If they see that they're getting trashed, perhaps they'll get off their asses and do something about it.

Two things:

One, I doubt they care about a site as small as this, even if the information does spread like an infectious virus that's really gross and spreads out really wide.

2, They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make.

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did finally reply to my somewhat pissy complaint. They couldn't call me right away (I'm at work, I guess I'm not answering my phone at home!) so they canceled it immediately.

It's so secure that I can hardly buy it. Rolling Eyes

Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that the majority of North American consumers lap up anything that Sony makes, I doubt this would be much concern to them.

Having said that, I generally like Sony stuff too. I'm only human. Very Happy

Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year Sony Europe with HQ in NL got one of them sobig virii, or whatever.

As a result noone could order stuff in all of europe because it was all centrally managed. Took them a week or so to sort out...

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
Feign
The Ruiner's a collector...
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:

2, They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make.

You've always been teh funnyman. Laughing

They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make. - Hitscan on the PS3

(on smoking...) Two later in the night because I can't seem to take a shit without needing the nicotine to relax my ass muscles or some such deal. So took a shit too. - Oscarwilde on smoking

Yea and he said unto the masses "Jet behaveth as ass" and so it was. - Hitscan on Exchange

OSY Image Uploader - Use it, you bitches!
Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuck you Sony. Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
So I may not be buying that PS2 Linux kit, because Sony are CUNTS and will not take my credit card information. I tried my Debit card (also a Mastercard) and my "real" CC, a Visa. I even went through that Verified by Visa shit, and STILL, STILL they tell me to pound sand. What a load of asschowder.

Bitches.

In light of Sony's recent DRM-infested CD scandal, this quote is especially poignant and this thread gets revived for no good reason.

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had rather forgotten about this thread.

Also, due to the inconvenience of not having a network connection in the game room, and Not Liking TV resolutions for XFree, I really haven't used the damn thing much.

Also, the dumbass I bought it from didn't have the instruction manual, nor the original mouse. What a tool.

Dvixen
Sugar standards in exported confectionaries Minister
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony is a VD-riddled crack whore that is no longer allowed in our home. Hasn't been permitted for a couple years.

Anyone want a POS sony minidisc player cheap?

I have BETTER. (It does pictures, and doesn't do that proprietary shit smoking.)
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Linux kit probably has some DRM in it in anyway. Oh and I got myself an XBOX 360 yesterday. It was only a core system but I'll take what I can get. Walmart was having a new years sale and at noon yesterday I walk into one to get a new alarm clock and casually ask the clerk, "Do you have any XBOX 360s left?"

I didn't expect her to say yes. I hadn't thought it through that far. She said yes. I decided that I must buy. It is so cool.

What is not cool is the ASS RAPING you get with a core system. It is $299 while the premium is $399. The premium comes with an XBOX Live gold kit, wireless controller, remote controller and HD and the core does not. Buying these accessorcies alone for the core will put your cost around $499....

Anyway the last thing I need to buy is the wireless network adapter, the remote control and an XBOX live sub. My wife will kill me when I tell her I just spent $200 more dollars on the stupid thing though Smile
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sony. I have a

and a

and at work last year I had two

and a

, all of which have been pretty much lovely in pretty much every way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: