Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Just in case any of you read the Agora...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Just in case any of you read the Agora... Reply with quote

I recently made a purchase for my girlfriend on the Agora. In my correspondence with the other person, I failed to specify the precise nature of the relationship (I used the nebulous "significant other" instead of the clear "girlfriend")... and that led to this post where he described her as my "fiancee."

So, public service announcement: I am not engaged, nor am I married. I am, however, quite happy in my current relationship. With an American, no less! Razz

(This is the same girl I was talking about over the summer and earlier in the fall. Smile )

/me saunters off, singing American Woman...

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Just in case any of you read the Agora... Reply with quote

the twinkster wrote:
So, public service announcement: I am not engaged, nor am I married. I am, however, quite happy in my current relationship. With an American, no less!
So if you were, you'd be marrying up. Very Happy

Hurrah for easy setups! Cheesy smile

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Intent to marry is unfortunately not a sufficient criterion for granting landed immigrant or permanent resident status in Canada. Wink

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
PaoloM
The King Of Crap
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the twinkster wrote:

Intent to marry is unfortunately not a sufficient criterion for granting landed immigrant or permanent resident status in Canada. Wink

Says who?!
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my GOD!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! When is the wedding? I'm assuming you've invited all us left wing by default. Have you invited the right wing fruitcakes too? Would be a good idea to sit us on opposite sides of the room. Otherwise, you and your significant other will be shouting I do's over yells of, 'fuck you bush lover!', 'fuck you commie foreigner!!!' while chairs are being knocked over.
Would be an interesting wedding. One to tell the kids about.

So when should I expect an invite? I shall make plans to fly to Canada accordingly.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Very Happy

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me makes a note to give Wilde a few extra bonks on the head for dragging politics into this thread Wink

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaoloM wrote:
the twinkster wrote:

Says who?!

Says Immigration Canada. It doesn't guarantee acceptance, though intending to marry, being common-law, or being married is a bonus in some sponsorship categories. I discovered this when I was reading up in Australian immigration policy and compared it to Canadian policy to see the differences.

OscarWilde wrote:
Oh my GOD!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! When is the wedding? I'm assuming you've invited all us left wing by default. Have you invited the right wing fruitcakes too? Would be a good idea to sit us on opposite sides of the room. Otherwise, you and your significant other will be shouting I do's over yells of, 'fuck you bush lover!', 'fuck you commie foreigner!!!' while chairs are being knocked over.
Would be an interesting wedding. One to tell the kids about.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back at the start of our relationship she told me that it was very refreshing to date someone who fell to her left on the political spectrum (she leans left herself, but is more libertarian than I am).

Added:

Canada is actually in the midst of an election (hey, there's an idea for a new thread!), with a date of Jan. 23rd for the vote. I'm going to be visiting her on election day, so I'll be voting in an advance poll on Jan. 16th or so. I have to admit, it's going to be kind of hot to spend election night with her. I'm such a dork. Wink

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me notes to bash Wilde with a chair instead of twinky so he can say his vows... Very Happy

/me notes to bash Wilde again since he refuses to strike a lady, even if she's a dang hippy Very Happy

-HitScan

Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the twinkster wrote:
I'm going to be visiting her on erection day

T,FTFY.

Banana Party!

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I googled for "topco swing" or whatever the first post in the Agora suggests and, well, I don't know if you did or not, but damn.... Wink

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, perhaps Harb's post is appropriate.

Added: In my defence, it was her idea. Wink

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silly!

Very Happy
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Mord made me google for the swing and now I understand a whole lot more. DAMN! There needs to be more girls like the one you're dating Twinky.

I wonder if you can get married during topico swinging? Saying the 'I do's' would be ammusing. 'I... I... dooooooooooooooooooo! oh yes! oh my god yes!! yes! yes!!!' Laughing

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
There needs to be more girls like the one you're dating Twinky.

She's really cool, and lots of fun. Smile I si teh happy. Smile Smile

(But I si not teh engaged. Wink )

OscarWilde wrote:
I wonder if you can get married during topico swinging? Saying the 'I do's' would be ammusing. 'I... I... dooooooooooooooooooo! oh yes! oh my god yes!! yes! yes!!!' Laughing

Putting the rings on would be somewhat more difficult. Razz Also, you'd have to mount the swing stand on wheels so you could roll it down the aisle...

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holycrapthatsfunny wrote:
The New Pleasure Swing and Stand.

• Holds up to 1400lbs
  • 4 sqft of space
  • can be used as a personal dungeon**
  • Can be installed in 10 mins.

** Maybe you have to be more into S&M than me to not just Laughing at that. Laughing

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
holycrapthatsfunny wrote:
The New Pleasure Swing and Stand.

• Holds up to 1400lbs
  • 4 sqft of space
  • can be used as a personal dungeon**
  • Can be installed in 10 mins.

** Maybe you have to be more into S&M than me to not just Laughing at that. Laughing

Why in the name of great smam does it have to be strong enough for fourteen thousand pounds!? What the fuck? The images that went through my mind of really obese fat blubbering people trying to mount each other on the topico swing has just made me ill. Oh My God

the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fourteen hundred pounds, there, chief, not fourteen thousand. I assume the engineer(s) figured on up to two 500 lb people with a generous safety margin. However, I'm not sure how two such people would fit into four square feet of space.

HitScan, I too tend to roofle at the serious tone many of the sites advertising such items tend to take. Some people just take themselves way too seriously, I guess.

I didn't read up on it or anything, but I did Google to find a picture so I could see what type of crossbar it had at the top. Wouldn't want to bonk my noggin on the top of the stand...

Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funniest part is that Agora post describes using it to "hang a hammock" or "hang a bunch of plants" from it. I was really unprepared for the results of the google search....

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord wrote:
The funniest part is that Agora post describes using it to "hang a hammock" or "hang a bunch of plants" from it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA *gasp* Laughing Laughing Laughing

Must focus on something else or will rupture something laughing...

-HitScan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: