Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

WinISO, UltraISO, or some other option?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one?
WinISO
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
UltraISO
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
some other option (please post and specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: WinISO, UltraISO, or some other option? Reply with quote

We are creating Ghost images for several of the desktop models we have here at work, (and we're going to create images of servers, etc in the near future). I'm burning these images straight to CD now, but I want to be able to keep a copy of the image on disk, too. So, the plan is to get some type of .iso creation utility and work it that way. Any suggestions?

I found a copy of WinISO online with a 'borrowed' license and tried it at home, and I've got a trial version of UltraISO at work to play with. Both are pretty cool, but I'd like some other input if I can get it.

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no freakin' idea, but IMO, Alochol 52% is a really cool name for a loop mounting utility.
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just want to create ISO images that contain the disk images? That being the case save some money, download the windows version of CDRTools and use the mkisofs utility in some quick batch script to build the iso images.

Also having not used this I can't personally vouch for it - but it claims to provide a GUI for mkisofs (as well as including mkisofs in its download) to that ought to serve your needs real well.
Feign
The Ruiner's a collector...
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, not sure if this is what you want, but isobuster is a fine, fine piece of software for creating backups of softwares and opening said backups for extraction purposes.

Daemon Tools to mount and use if needed.

Otherwise, I'm not totally clear on what you want.

The poll is fucked up too.

They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make. - Hitscan on the PS3

(on smoking...) Two later in the night because I can't seem to take a shit without needing the nicotine to relax my ass muscles or some such deal. So took a shit too. - Oscarwilde on smoking

Yea and he said unto the masses "Jet behaveth as ass" and so it was. - Hitscan on Exchange

OSY Image Uploader - Use it, you bitches!
MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feign wrote:

So I see...

Anyway, what I want is something that will create an iso backup/image/file of CDs I've created using Ghost. I want to be able to: create the Ghost image on CD; create copies of the CDs on disk; create a copy of the CDs to CD for offsite storage. The "create copies of the CDs on disk" part is what I'm asking about here. Make sense? Will ISOBuster do that?

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
Feign
The Ruiner's a collector...
Commander
Commander

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Feign wrote:

So I see...

Anyway, what I want is something that will create an iso backup/image/file of CDs I've created using Ghost. I want to be able to: create the Ghost image on CD; create copies of the CDs on disk; create a copy of the CDs to CD for offsite storage. The "create copies of the CDs on disk" part is what I'm asking about here. Make sense? Will ISOBuster do that?

Yar.

They probly aren't that worried about selling the PS2 kits in particular, and know that unless there is footage of them grinding up babies for use in the PS3 they'll always sell a hojillion of whatever the fuck they make. - Hitscan on the PS3

(on smoking...) Two later in the night because I can't seem to take a shit without needing the nicotine to relax my ass muscles or some such deal. So took a shit too. - Oscarwilde on smoking

Yea and he said unto the masses "Jet behaveth as ass" and so it was. - Hitscan on Exchange

OSY Image Uploader - Use it, you bitches!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: