Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Perpetuating the Human Race

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Perpetuating the Human Race Reply with quote

Read this article

I am at a loss for words.

Seriously.

This is beyond my comprehension.

"How delightful it would be to converse intimately with someone of the same mind, sharing with him the pleasures of uninhibited conversation on the amusing and foolish things of this world, but such friends are hard to find." -- Kenko Yoshida, Essays In Idleness
AlphaMeridian
Gatekeeper of the Beginner Internet
Commander
Commander

srilanka.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jinger, 10

I would be one pissed kid.

Anyway. There's a reason I want one, maybe two, MAX.

This only reinforces it.

-Alpha

So Lonestar, now you see why evil will always triumph because good is dumb!
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSNBC wrote:

The baby’s father, former state legislator Jim Bob Duggar, sounded a bit tired <snip>

Well hell, I wonder why!

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really *really* hope the husband's business continues making money, because otherwise, I have two extremely frightening words for these two fools:

College Tuition.

Shocked

"How delightful it would be to converse intimately with someone of the same mind, sharing with him the pleasures of uninhibited conversation on the amusing and foolish things of this world, but such friends are hard to find." -- Kenko Yoshida, Essays In Idleness
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I have one word:

Weddings.

Shocked

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FondueDaredevil
Linux Looney
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: My name is Elmer J Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imitation Gruel wrote:
I really *really* hope the husband's business continues making money, because otherwise, I have two extremely frightening words for these two fools:

College Tuition.

Shocked
My wife payed for hers entirely by herself. If they work hard (and they'll have to) they can get by.

Still sucks.

"I call on those who question the motives of the president and his national security advisers to join with the rest of America in presenting a united front to our enemies abroad." Sen. Dick Durbin, 1998

"There's no set architecture in Linux. All roads lead to madness" - William Hilf, Microsoft homonculous

Supervillains for Linux!
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids are cheaper by the dozen. Didn't you know that?

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
AnimeFreak
I am an OSS user, not an OSS idiot.
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandfather has 20 brothers and sisters. About half are still around and alive.
longmarch
Estate Bottled
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Math society tee-shirts at my school said: "Go Forth and Multiply."
Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixteen, now.

I wonder if they're just trying for a world record. I wouldn't be surprised.
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say is: Surprised

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone forward this article to China. I bet they'd love it.

OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord, that is fucking funny!!! Too bad the censors would block it there.
Besides, what's the surprise? No more then a few decades ago were people having very large families. Granted it was done a long time ago because medical care wasn't very good and mortality rate at a young age was high. In this day and age where the avg. life span is constantly increasing, and medical care so good that most kids survive, it makes no sense at all.

Wow, i'm still smart when I'm buzzing of crappy beer. Woo hoo! Laughing Laughing Laughing Smile

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was shocked when I heard about the lady having her 16th kid, but honestly if they are willing to support the children - who are we to say any different? I mean at least she isn't one of these welfare mothers pumping out kids for the sole purpose of increasing her monthly benefit check.

Still you've got to look at places like China and wonder just how long we'll be able to so freely procreate as we do. Sooner or later this planet will contain enough people that having more than 1 or 2 children simply will not be sustainable anymore. Of course this brings us into a situation involving government mandated birth control/abortions.... and it's probably just better not to go there despite the fact that that is likely going to be the case sooner or later. It kind of reminds me of all those sci-fi movies I've seen where couples are required to obtain some sort of license before they are allowed to breed Wink
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
Yeah I was shocked when I heard about the lady having her 16th kid, but honestly if they are willing to support the children - who are we to say any different? I mean at least she isn't one of these welfare mothers pumping out kids for the sole purpose of increasing her monthly benefit check.

Still you've got to look at places like China and wonder just how long we'll be able to so freely procreate as we do. Sooner or later this planet will contain enough people that having more than 1 or 2 children simply will not be sustainable anymore. Of course this brings us into a situation involving government mandated birth control/abortions.... and it's probably just better not to go there despite the fact that that is likely going to be the case sooner or later. It kind of reminds me of all those sci-fi movies I've seen where couples are required to obtain some sort of license before they are allowed to breed Wink

Well, the thing about pressure is that at some point, everything explodes. Population density increases the chance for a disease to spread becomes faster. History shows that a single pandemic can kill 25 million to 50 million people in a year. And this is only ONE way population control occurs by nature. However, human nature can be even more destructive to humans then mother nature. So, really, it's just a matter of who gets to control our population first: mother nature or human nature. Wanna place bets?

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother nature is like 1 for 10 on its "population appropriate disasters" record.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: