Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Team American: World Police...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Team American: World Police... Reply with quote

I'm sure we all do it, especially as tabbed browsing makes this easier: you read up on a topic which introduces a new topic and that branches of for various topics which in the end has nothing to do with the original topic in the first place*.

So I finally watched Team American: World Police, which I thought in some places the juvenile humor was way over done (the vomiting scene). Some of the songs are fucking brilliant, like, 'I miss you as much as Pearl Harbor sucked.'
The satire within the movie - no country or culture was left unfucked - was almost borderline brilliant.

However, all in all, I think the movie still sucked. I ended up falling asleep towards the end. Just too much over the top juvenile humor.

So....

*To some of the more over sensitive types here on OSY, please remember what I bolded. Aye? Try. Won't hurt.. what the hell am I saying, me writing this probably hurt you. So while i'm hurting you, here is more pain, fuck you! Twisted Evil

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I decided to read up on the background of Team America and one of the places I ended up through google was the trivia page for the movie on IMDB.

I came across this:
Quote:

Sean Penn was so insulted by his portrayal in the film, that he wrote an angry letter to Matt Stone and Trey Parker about it. The letter was latter published by several Newspapers and Magazines.

Which reminded me of his uptight, almost madanesque complex - where he felt an actor was insulted by a black comic on stage at an award show. Okay Sean Penn, you need to shut the fuck up. You were good in one movie. That's it. Otherwise, you're an okay actor that uses the same facial expressions in every fucking movie. So, really, why the attitude? Aye?

Anyway...

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I came across this article - not sure if it's real - about Sean Penn wanting his personal gmail address. I'm thinking it's a satire based on a letter he wrote to the guys behind Team America.

Seriously, what a complete jack ass.

Anywhooooo... I the first link I got from Torrentspy.com as I was looking for an episode for a show I missed. Torrentspy hosts up news links everyday...

Last edited by OscarWilde on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I saw this news headline about a rare video of the second plane crashing into the WTC on 9/11.

Ordinarily, I pride myself for not being like the average human being, in that when there is an accident on the freeway, I don't slow down and gawk at the scene - unless off course I'm the first one there, then i'd try to stop and help. When there were those videos made available on the internet of the americans that were being beheaded in Iraq, and people, especially americans, watching the video like it was a car crash on a freeway, and talking about it like it was some circus show, I avoided the whole thing.
Wasn't even tempted to download or check screenshots of the video.

IOW, I didn't click on the 'rare footage' of the second plane crashing because of some morbid desire to relive a bone chilling memory - I did see the second plane crash into the WTC live. Not the most pleasant memory to have, especially as I love to travel, and - this may sound very selfish - saw my world get closed up by unnatural borders of ignorance and racism being fortified.
So why did I click? Because I was curious how a 9/11 footage could be rare. I swear, after 9/11, the media threw every available free space to showing every available video angle of the planes crashing into the WTC. Now a days, the image of the planes crashing into the WTC is just used like an advert - grabbing attention without any real perspective or context of what these videos mean.

So is the video rare...

OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get any information on the video (I never watched it, remember above, my rule), or why it was even rare. However, they article only had this to say:

Quote:
This will stop all the conspiracies saying it wasn't a plane that hit the second time.

There are conspiracies about this? Confused
I'm aware that for a large part of the US, due to the time the 9/11 attacks, americans were either sleeping, just waking up, or heading to work, or at work. The time difference means I was at home with my mom in the evening when for the headlines for the first tower being hit came on CNN. I watched the news report with my mom, and we were talking about how it was possible that a plane crash into a tower. This is important for a family that travels, by air, a lot. If there seems to be some sudden fault in the way flight logistics are handled, I'd like to know. So I was listening to the reports and watching the news when I saw the second plane come in from the right side, go behind the building (I thought at first it crashed in to the building that was hit already) and then I saw an explosion on the left side of the building that wasn't hit. At that point it hit me what was going on. My mom, the reporters on tv, were all confused and didn't know why the second explosion happened. That was one of the most frustrating experiences in my life where i wanted to have confirmation - who wants to be alone in fear? - from others, and yet no one at the time (my mom and the reporters) seem to confirm my fears. I was alone in the implications of what just happened. It sucked.

And I know I saw a second plane because I didn't expect it, saw it almost tilting as if trying to aim, and saw it disappear... so, IOW, I wasn't looking for anything, thus my mind is going to see what it is front of me: a plane, not a missile....

Last edited by OscarWilde on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...A missile? That's the impression I got from the comments further down that page. Doesn't seem to be the most popular theory, and it seems that actually, no one, except for a few tin foil hat wearing folk, thinks the second plane was anything else other then a passenger airline that was hijacked.

I did then come across this quote:
Quote:
I do honestly believe there was a conspiracy behind 9/11 and if you want to see the PROOF, not just propaganda bullshyt, download the move "Loose Change 2nd Edition" from right here on TS and you will probably crap yourself when you see how much stuff the media never showed us, and don't talk crap about the movie if you haven't even seen it.

With some google-fu, I'm led to the Loose Change website. That's as far as this random line of topics led me too so far. I don't think I'll check out the video because any video that says they have proof of conspiracy theory using 'scientific fact' often abuse the science for their own needs. Science does require an effort to read and understand the depths of it's field. Pop-sci magazines and easy to digest articles/blogs are not very good places to build scientific proof of your case. The last time I saw bad science used to prove a point was when they tried to prove the original moon landing was faked.
Besides, I ran out of tin foil when I had some left over today at lunch.

OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-The Anti Blog (tm), not needing a blog to write my opinions on the net.

Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may interject:

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!! LICK MY BUTT AND SUCK ON MAH BALLS!!!

The first time I heard that, I nearly died laughing. Like literally, my wife actually went from bemused to concerned.

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord wrote:
If I may interject:

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!! LICK MY BUTT AND SUCK ON MAH BALLS!!!

The first time I heard that, I nearly died laughing. Like literally, my wife actually went from bemused to concerned.

Go ahead and interject. I'm finished with my original stream of thoughts (and post). I think I came across more serious then I originally intended my posts to be.

Yeah, the songs are pretty funny. I also loved when Lil'Kim sang 'so ronery'... I almost couldn't stop laughing.. almost till I remembered in HK there was a tv ad where local celebrites were singing this song and the line, 'where the eagles fly,' was literally sang, 'wheh the eagres fry!' I almost fell of my couch when I saw the tv ad., the first time. How hard is it to make a song about freedom not sound like a chinese cuisine advert?

Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great movie for the songs is Southpark: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. I just caught a bit of it on TV the other night. DamN.

OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord wrote:
Another great movie for the songs is Southpark: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. I just caught a bit of it on TV the other night. DamN.

What strikes me as odd is that uproar from the islamic world about the cartoons printed in a Danish newspaper (i've seen them, and they're not even that provocative to begin with), but we have movies like South Park and Team America that is so offensive in many ways but completely ignored.
In Team America, for the muslim lines, the gibberish was something like,
'mohammad ali jihad jihad!'
'allah... giberish... jihad!'

I was laughing my ass off; but you gotta admit, that's pretty damn offensive for uptight fundamentalist types.

Which reminds me, my friend's brother came back to HK for christmas (they're muslim). During dinner the day before he went back to the US, he said, 'you guys suck! you guys don't think i'm funny, back in the US people think I'm funny.' My immediate response was, 'dood, it's cause you're muslim. Americans are to scared NOT to laugh at your jokes.' Which got a round of approval(i.e. laughter at my friend's brother being owned!!!) from everyone, including my friend's brother. Ha ha ha!!!

tangent.

lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're damn good at tangent, Oscar Smile
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derka derka.

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Penn can just lick it. he's an idiot to leverage the suffering of war into his cry of vanity over a damned email address.

Rolling Eyes
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us wrote:
Sean Penn can just lick it. he's an idiot to leverage the suffering of war into his cry of vanity over a damned email address.

Rolling Eyes

That's what I'm at a loss about. Is this letter even real? Or just a hoax based on his original letter to the Team America guys? I can't imagine how self involved anybody can be to really honestly think they deserve an email address more then anyone else. Either way, Sean Penn is still a dick. I'm going to protest by either avoiding his movies from now on, or make a big stink when he's on TV. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: