Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

It is done. I am spent.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, gestures as in smacking the mouse into the corner of the screen can activate it.

I don't know about hotkeys, in OS9 you could set up the F keys to do whatever but maybe not in OSX.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the Penny Arcade writer submitted a module. This contest apparently got a lot of people's attention.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out which one is his for some reason.

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpage, it seems like they are looking strongly at user votes for the contest, and I only have 5 votes so far, all in the 7-9 range out of ten (one idiot gave me a 4, but I balanced that out with a 10 from myself)

It seems crass to ask one's friends for positive votes (even though I'm sure that's what everyone else is doing) so don't just go and vote 10 because I said so, but if you've downloaded the module and played it please give me a vote. And not a 4, please, that's just mean. Smile

Here's where to go:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=4736
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't vote from work, but I played your module as well as three or four others, so I will vote from home later. Smile

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were no balrogs for AYB to snuff!

? Confused ?
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They weren't allowed to include combat in the module. Razz

Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the twinkster wrote:
They weren't allowed to include combat in the module. Razz

That's a good idea to keep the third rate out.

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they were interested in the writing only, and they didn't want to have to play through long modules, so the no combat stipulation went in. I wonder how many of the 300 contest entrants forgot that and put combat in anyway...
-- Carl Sagan

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Well, they were interested in the writing only, and they didn't want to have to play through long modules, so the no combat stipulation went in. I wonder how many of the 300 contest entrants forgot that and put combat in anyway...

I would guess at least a third. My original guess was 1/2, but I thought that terribly pessimistic.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never underestimate the ability of people to read and comprehend.

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: