Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Speaking of Harry Potter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Speaking of Harry Potter Reply with quote

AYB? You seeing it tonight? The wife and I bought our tickets to the 9:15 show tonight.

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to a 3:XX show so we'd have an excuse to leave work early today. Hard to argue with that. Very Happy I think they're ok, the bokos are better, blah blah blah, etc.

I didn't care much for the third one. Hopefully that is not the start of a trend.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be watching it when it comes out here. I haven't been all too excited about watching the movie, so I haven't been paying attention to the release date. However, the Google is awesome and will MS babies! Before Google dominates MS, I asked Google to tell me the release data for Harry Potter and got the worldwide release date for the new movie.
Go GOOGLE! Kill MS!!! yeah!!!

Very Happy

Seriously, I'm surprised that Germany, Singapore and Malaysia are getting the movie on Nov 17th, but the UK, US, Australia, etc., are getting it the day after. Huh? And before you say 'time difference', UK and Germany are in similar time zones, and Malaysia and Australia are in similar time zones (well, less then UK and Germany). Movie is coming out Nov. 22nd for us here in HK. I assume it's the subtitles they have to add to the movies (just a bad guess). Still doesn't make sense why Germany, Singapore and Malaysia get the movies before everyone else does. I figure the biggest market would get the movie first: US and UK

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
We are going to a 3:XX show so we'd have an excuse to leave work early today. Hard to argue with that. Very Happy

I would have too if I had any damn vacation days... Sad

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so the movie didn't suck, but the experience certainly did.

I was a little pissed off.

Perhaps a lot.

So we get surrounded by this group that all knows each other. The guys gave the distinct impression that they were totally into Butt-Darts. I figure hey, weird field trip, but whatever. Then the movie is on. And they aren't shutting the fuck up. Correction, "Keith" isn't shutting the fuck up. I know the name of my aural assailant because people had to yell at him from both sides of me to tell him to shut up. Just because we went to the "cheap" show doesn't mean I wanted to go to Mystery Science Fucking Theatre. I fucking hate Keith.

But the movie didn't suck, so there's that. A couple scenes were over done or mangled, but nothing unforgivable.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mighty, Mighty AYB is going to see it tomorrow night around 7pm

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
PaoloM
The King Of Crap
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow at 1.30pm. We didn't got tickets for Combat because we're afraid to scare her.
kingpinmc
Dark Stalker
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaoloM wrote:
Tomorrow at 1.30pm. We didn't got tickets for Combat because we're afraid to scare her.

Well then by all means never let her watch Apt Pupil.
"Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinkin', you know, eight year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She's about to start some shit, Zed.” - J - Men in Black

So.....

Maxi Does Dallas?

Twisted Evil - Mord
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingpinmc wrote:
PaoloM wrote:

Well then by all means never let her watch Apt Pupil.

Quoted for truth.

MasterOfTheHat wrote:

lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw it. Harry's glasses are pretty magical. The way the lenses don't reflect or refract light at all...
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnesium oxide coatings can do that.

Smile

anyway, where did they find that goofy clown to play Dumbledore?

ack.
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us wrote:

ack.

I totally agree. Gambon played Dumbledore like a psychopath throughout the whole movie. The only time he got even remotely like that in the book was toward the end.

MasterOfTheHat wrote:

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thundar wrote:
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us wrote:

ack.

I totally agree. Gambon played Dumbledore like a psychopath throughout the whole movie. The only time he got even remotely like that in the book was toward the end.

The perfect example was the scene right after Harry's name came out of the goblet. He damn near tackled him! "HOW'D YOU DO IT? RAWR!" I'm none too sure it went that way in the book.

Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw it last night at the Dunbar Theater, on a very foggy evening.

It was pretty good. I wish there had been more Hermione, more Cho Chang and more Fleur Delacour.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
PaoloM
The King Of Crap
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
It was pretty good. I wish there had been more Hermione, more Cho Chang and more Fleur Delacour.

Pig.
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To that end, Newell rewrote a scene to add a glint of schoolboy mischievousness and the corporal punishment it provokes, in which dour Professor Snape (Alan Rickman) bonks Harry and Ron in the head with a book for goofing off during a study period.

Radcliffe notes it was the first time the filmmakers had slipped something into one of the movies that was not in the book.

Well, that's good to know I guess. Razz

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaoloM wrote:
Jeremy Reimer wrote:

Pig.

Oink!
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully tonight, and with any luck it'll be at the IMAX theatre. Elvis

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Imax was sold out for today so I went last night (wife wasn't happy that I went without her, but hey, she's not at home). I haven't read the book, or any in the series for that matter.

*spoilar!*

'k, lemme see if I got this right. In the graveyard scene where Voldey returns and Harry is held by the reaper statue, Malfoy is unmasked right in front of Harry and proclaims his undying loyalty, etc etc. As far as I can tell, Harry was conscious and aware for that whole scene. What confuses me is: Why TF wouldn't he be shouting this fact to high heaven when he gets back to Hogwart's? It wasn't even mentioned at all -- even to Dumbledore or someone in the ministry while they were there -- or did I miss something? I mean, hell, if my main protagonist/enemy in school was found to have a dad who is actively a Voldemort follower and helping restore him, I'd be shouting it out at the top of my lungs every time he came within sight. Wouldn't be too good for his popularity, I would think.

The other thing is their demeanor at the end. They find that Voldemort is restored: this is dreadful, terrible, no place is safe, etc etc.

Cue the next scene where all the students are leaving cuz it's the end of the school year. All are happy, the sun is shining, please say you'll write over summer vacation! Erm, shouldn't we be soiling ourselves because LV is back and is coming to Kill Harry Potter and take over the work and like travel to Australia or something? WTF? Confused

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why TF wouldn't he be shouting this fact to high heaven when he gets back to Hogwart's? It wasn't even mentioned at all -- even to Dumbledore or someone in the ministry while they were there -- or did I miss something?

In the real story, he does. The Ministry however, doesnt want to believe him. Dumbledore believes, of course, and because of it has a big falling out with the Ministry, thus necessitating the Sekrit Order of the Phoenix, which is the title for the next book/movie.

Smile

Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

/me rubs beard conspiratorially

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: