Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Blasts from the Past

View previous topic :: View next topic  
longmarch
Estate Bottled
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Blasts from the Past Reply with quote

Was researching background to a firestorm on another - considerably differently focused - forum today in my spare moments when Google coughed up an unexpected inter-forum connection, with our beloved OSY surfacing at about the eighth link. Seems this particular party had come up in a discussion here back in the 1.x days of yore by coincidental enough means that I had no recolection of it despite have participated in said thread. Kind of wierd to have an ancient thread jump back to relevance from completely unexpected context. All this to say simply that ye olde Internet makes for a surpisingly small world.

(JR could figure out which thread I'm talking about. Should be a very wierd entry in his server logs today. Smile )
DuffMan
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a small internet.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me it wasn't the APK thread. Smile
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
longmarch
Estate Bottled
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Please tell me it wasn't the APK thread. Smile

No, it was an old thread in which Socrates mentioned this particular guy and I used the word fraud, though neither subject in reference to the other. The guy in question is accused elsewhere of some pretty dubious activites, so I searched Google on 1) his name, 2) his field, and 3) the word "fraud." Having OSY show up around 8 in the results was a surprise. Having the word "longmarch" show up too was an even greater surprise.

As Duff Man says, it's a small internet.

But check your server logs sometime just for fun. Everyone needs to run a site that gets hits from cygwin curl. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: