Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Starcraft is up.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madan
Gone.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: Starcraft is up. Reply with quote

I want to play a 3 vs.3 vs. 3 game soon.

Reimer + ? + ?

vs.

Madan + ? + ?

vs.

AM + ? + ?

Cool.

BTW, where are all those NWN servers that were popping up all over a month ago? Confused
AlphaMeridian
Gatekeeper of the Beginner Internet
Commander
Commander

srilanka.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have 9 people in a game? I thought the limit was 8. Anywayz I'm available after 4pm on weekdays and all days on weekends.

-Alpha

(Is also berating himself for spelling it Anywayz instead of anyways. One day, I will lose all the melanin in my skin and turn into an AzN B0i.)

So Lonestar, now you see why evil will always triumph because good is dumb!
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 v 1 is more fun. And on a small map with few resources.

I'm pretty much busy all week, only weekends.

Also I like the original SC more than BW, but I'll play either.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BW is better than the original because the humans get a fightin chance now with the Medic.

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
FondueDaredevil
Linux Looney
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: My name is Elmer J Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Warcraft III a chance ... it's, .... it's ... it's a beautifulthing.

FD

"I call on those who question the motives of the president and his national security advisers to join with the rest of America in presenting a united front to our enemies abroad." Sen. Dick Durbin, 1998

"There's no set architecture in Linux. All roads lead to madness" - William Hilf, Microsoft homonculous

Supervillains for Linux!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Evil Merlin
Yaaawwwnnnn, streeechhhh....
Commodore
Commodore

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blech, both WarCraft and StarCraft are crap.

If I cannot cap someone in his head with a .50 rifle from 250 yards, in the snow, I don't wanna bother.

Well unless it is Shogun: Total War, which is a damn fine game.
AlphaMeridian
Gatekeeper of the Beginner Internet
Commander
Commander

srilanka.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do the war 3 thing, except:

1) My system is having problems with 3d. It causes a system crash. I cannot fix this until I can reinstall XP, and at this point, I'm not sure what wrong, so I'm waiting for my RMA to come back from newegg (it should arrive at newegg today)

2) I have a 56k, and People have told me that the playability of war3 over 56k is choppy. I've played massive (8way) games over 56k and its done quite well.

As for Shogun, Total War, I bought it, but I wasn't at all impressed. Once I get this 3d problem in the bag however, I might give it another try. EM: What do you find most compelling about the game? Previously, I was playing it without a frame of reference, so perhaps if i have one i'll like it more on 2nd try.

-Alpha

So Lonestar, now you see why evil will always triumph because good is dumb!
Evil Merlin
Yaaawwwnnnn, streeechhhh....
Commodore
Commodore

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlphaMeridian,

It has ashigaru and samurai. That's all I need. =)
Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played StarCraft. Have I missed anything?

"How delightful it would be to converse intimately with someone of the same mind, sharing with him the pleasures of uninhibited conversation on the amusing and foolish things of this world, but such friends are hard to find." -- Kenko Yoshida, Essays In Idleness
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imitation Gruel wrote:
I've never played StarCraft. Have I missed anything?

Same here.

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Madan
Gone.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly? Yes, Starcraft is a VERY good game. You can get it and the Brood War expansion, plus two strategy guides all for twenty bucks, just about anywhere.

Starcraft is perhaps the third highest seller after Sims and Myth...

Well over 6 million copies sold.

It's a very cool game and, yes the top is 8 players.

AM is interested. So is Jeremy.

That makes three. Anyone else?

Longmarch, where are you? Magus?

It'd be nice to get a FFA going.

Granted, I'm still suffering over my pathetic ping on Arena. :/ That's my fave game.

J
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Starcraft is the only game of that era (didn't it come out in like 1998?) that I still play fairly regularly.

I never finished Brood Wars single player though. Man, the last few Zerg missions were hella tough.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Madan
Gone.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still play Quake III, which was a Dec '99 game but yeah, the only game that I play(older), right now would have to be Realmz and that's sporadically.

I'm waiting for Starfleet Command III. Doom III. I'm getting Icewind Dale II and that's about it for this year...

Jeremy, post when you'll be free this week, exactly and I'll synch my time to yours and we'll play a few.

Then, if AM has time, he can jump in too.

l33t.
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Blech, both WarCraft and StarCraft are crap.

If I cannot cap someone in his head with a .50 rifle from 250 yards, in the snow, I don't wanna bother

The Mighty AYB would like to know if you would settle for tearing off someone's wing with a 30mm Cannon instead? Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
longmarch
Estate Bottled
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madan wrote:
Longmarch, where are you?

Don't own a copy (and don't warez), sorry. Don't game much.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to update my Starcraft so that I can save and view game recordings. That's a sweet feature. I'd play you this weekend, but I'm leaving for Philly on a business trip (trade show)

When I get back, we'll set something up.
-- Carl Sagan

Madan
Gone.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really avoiding playing on Battle.net.

I don't feel like getting exterminated by a 12 year old. Sad
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the 12 year-olds really really suck.

When I was teaching at St. George's I put Starcraft on the server in my computer lab and played one of the grade 8's, one on one. Totally demolished him. Like Kramer at karate, I was "dominating"... Wink

Oh, and I kicked ass on EVERYBODY at Quake II (this was 1998, Quake 3 didn't exist yet) As "Captain Reimer" I dominated every game we played. I only let the students play games on special occasions, though, like the last day of school for each term, or on the half-days, or whatever.
-- Carl Sagan

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have Starcraft, sorry. Sad

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
Madan
Gone.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only play Arena huh? I'll face you at 350 PING. I don't mind. Very Happy

(Not like I was going to win anyways...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: