Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Do you like my switch ad?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:46 pm    Post subject: Do you like my switch ad? Reply with quote

Behold the power of Fireworks!!!

It is meant to piss of a guy at school? Will it work? Only time will tell.

Any good?
"I learned something really important in college today. I don't want to be there." - King of the Hill
jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry about the file size AYB and all others with dial-up. I feel your pain.

Everyone who will see it at school is on the LAN so it wasn't an issue when I made it.
"I learned something really important in college today. I don't want to be there." - King of the Hill
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
Socrates
Captain
Captain

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:rofl:
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great.

I think you should post it in the Battlefront. Mass hilarity would ensue, before the lock at least. Laughing
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
MacUser3of5
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send. To Battlefront. Now. Laughing
jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about that. I don't post much in the BF. I'd prefer to remain anonymous.

You have my permission to put it there if you want though.

I'd also like to add that working on a computer sans keyboard is very hard. I took my keyboard apart last night for cleaning before my great inspiration came. Typing with a small nail is really hard.
jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, why the crap doesn't the transparency of this .png work in IE 6? It seems to work fine on my Mac.

edit: me needs to learn english
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's hilarious!

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't too bad as far as filesize.

it is funny Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Madan
Gone.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jd, why didn't you just save it as a GIF?
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a gif... isn't it?

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is, it is.

Oh, the results weren't as great as I hoped. I don't think they really understood it.
jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, I've turned into a semi-effective troll on my work forums. How does a lone Mac user become a troll on an otherwise PC ruled board? Beats me.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have work forums?
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In exactly the same format as these. phpBB2. It's mainly for students to ask us questions, but it winds up just being us conversing with a select number of computer nerds and people asking how to pirate software and beat the firewall.
Madan
Gone.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't saved the little transparency image. Too lazy but you did mention it was .png.

Why not save it as .gif?

.Gif transparencies function fine in IE 6.
jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not aware that GIFs supported transparency.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, transparent PNGs are fucked up in IE. Nobody has a clear answer as to why. Use GIFs instead.

Quote:

In exactly the same format as these. phpBB2. It's mainly for students to ask us questions, but it winds up just being us conversing with a select number of computer nerds and people asking how to pirate software and beat the firewall.

Are you a teacher? Where do you work?
-- Carl Sagan

jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'm a MIS (read too stupid for CS so I'm in the business school) student at Texas Tech University. I work for ResNet. We provide free technical support for students living on campus. It stated out as just getting kids on the network, but now we do just about everything I should being paid much more to do in the real world. The lone Linux guy in the office set the boards up last year. We just recently made the transition to phpBB. For some reason they recently made me a mod.

Do you find the mod options a little lacking? Either I don't know where they are, or there isn't much I can do.
Madan
Gone.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:21 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I'm a MIS (read too stupid for CS so I'm in the business school) student at Texas Tech University. I work for ResNet. We provide free technical support for students living on campus. It stated out as just getting kids on the network, but now we do just about everything I should being paid much more to do in the real world. The lone Linux guy in the office set the boards up last year. We just recently made the transition to phpBB. For some reason they recently made me a mod.

YAY! Me MIS too. BrotherHOOD di MIS. Twisted Evil Laughing
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHPBB is extremely flexible in what privileges and powers it grants to each user. You can give a mod all powers or none at all or anything in between. What you really want is an admin account. Twisted Evil

Sounds like you're gaining valuable experience in your job, even though it is underpaid (for now) Employers are always ass-hot for experience.
-- Carl Sagan

jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, Admin account. I didn't know of such a thing. I MUST attain one!

Yes, experience. That's why I scoff at my MIS friends who are joining AITP. Association of I need something on My Resume.
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To borrow from our BSD friends:

"Got root?"

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, no.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: