Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

I have a new toy!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:09 am    Post subject: I have a new toy! Reply with quote

Bought it yesterday: Canon ZR 45 MC

Still image support with 8 meg memory card, Firewire DV camera with 60 minute DV tapes. 18x optical zoom.

Hellooooooo iMovie!!!
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOH!! I WANT ONE!!!

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Madan
Gone.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very tiny, too. 15cm x 10cm x 5cm.

It's charging the battery pack right now. Tee hee!
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, homemade pr0n! Er, I mean, home movies!

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

"How delightful it would be to converse intimately with someone of the same mind, sharing with him the pleasures of uninhibited conversation on the amusing and foolish things of this world, but such friends are hard to find." -- Kenko Yoshida, Essays In Idleness
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've just shot my first 30 second clip (after I remembered to take the lens cap off!) Laughing

Here's how hard it was to export to iMovie:

1. Turn on camera. Rewind to beginning of movie.
2. Click on iMovie icon on iBook.
3. Connect Firewire cord thingy.
4. Press play on camera.
5. Press Import on iMovie.
6. There is NO... step number six.
7. Press Import again to stop.
8. Press STOP on camera.
9. Party like it's 2099.

Right now I'm exporting it to a Quicktime movie in MPEG4 format. Just because I can.

/me wants a DVD burner.
-- Carl Sagan

jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

/me wants a whole lot of things.
"I learned something really important in college today. I don't want to be there." - King of the Hill
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried out the digital camera ability. My latest avatar is actually a still image of a photo sitting in my wedding photo album, taken with the still image cam and uploaded via USB to Windows XP.

It actually turned out not that bad! So I can justify this toy as being a photo scanner, digital camera, and DV movie camera all in one!

Yeah baby!
-- Carl Sagan

jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not upload via Firewire to iPhoto or iMovie or Image Capture?
"I learned something really important in college today. I don't want to be there." - King of the Hill
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like that thing with USB2

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Can you not upload via Firewire to iPhoto or iMovie or Image Capture?

Firewire upload to iMovie, check.

USB upload to Windows XP Explorer, check.

USB 2.0 upload... who cares? None of my computers have USB 2.0. They do have USB 1.0 and Firewire.
-- Carl Sagan

jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No iPhoto? How disapointing.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPhoto is a giant load.

I can do more, and do it faster, with PSP and Windows XP Explorer.

iMovie, however, is great.

I love being able to pick and choose Mac and PC apps!
-- Carl Sagan

jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use iPhoto just to organize photos and prove ease of use on the Mac. I havent even touched 90% of the features.
Socrates
Captain
Captain

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm
Looks pretty easy JR. Is it much harder on the pc side, and if so, what apps do you use?

s
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC's don't need iPhoto-- you just use Windows Explorer. Drag pictures to folder. Drop. Click to preview. Click to rotate, click to print (autoscales to print size for photo paper... niiiice!) iPhoto was over 100 megs when I installed it, and I thought... 100 megs for what???

But I've never seen a video editing program on the PC as easy as iMovie. Try using uLead Video Studio and watch your brain explode as you play "find the widget!" on a horrible yucky mess of an interface.

With iMovie it's incredibly easy. Click, drag, drop, whee!
-- Carl Sagan

jdsmith575
I drank the Kool-Aid
Commodore
Commodore

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like going to the local Gateway Country and having someone show me how to edit video with whatever comes installed. Tormenting sales folks == good.
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need iPhoto for importing pics from your digital camera. There is some app, (i forget the name), installed on OS X(since 10.1 iirc) that automagically takes whatever pic you have on the camera and automagically stores it in a folder for you. You can even assign automagical scripts that does a some stuff to the images too, but i haven't played with it as I have no digital camera to test out this thing. And if you want to 'preview' the app, use 'preview' and do that thing you did in XP. However I have no idea how flexible it is in OS X and how it compares to XP. I'd like to know what you think if or when you have given it a try. I'll get more info if you want it.

IMO, iPhoto is not something I would ever use.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Socrates
Captain
Captain

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OW:
What does iPhoto do, and what's the aversion?
Confused:
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have USB2 and no firewire, so there.

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
Thundar
Insert Custom Title Here
Commodore
Commodore

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want one... Wink

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
Well, if you'd quit sacrificing the virgins and screwing the livestock, you wouldn't be in such a predicament!

if you are wondering what smam is, just stick around, it is more a sort of zen than something that a mere definition with mortal words cannot comprehend. You will get the picture of what smam is in short order. It will change your life! -Smamta Clause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Evil Merlin
Yaaawwwnnnn, streeechhhh....
Commodore
Commodore

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to hear about tormenting?

Some poor fuck just opened a Apple store (not a Apple Retail place) in Nashua not more that 5 minutes from my place.

Been in twice, when the two differing people were there.

First time, I fucked up the wireless network they had going with my iPaq wireless. Airport is easier to spoof than I thought. It was honestly an accident, but tormenting the poor owner with technical questions till he asked me to leave was a fucking riot. There is nothing more fun than a Mac worshipper opening a store and not being able to answer technical questions...
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, EM, you need to change your avatar or give me a high-res version of the "Evil Inside" logo (which is quite cool, I must admit) because I've deleted all the pixellated ones.
-- Carl Sagan

longmarch
Estate Bottled
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riso wrote:
I do have USB2 and no firewire, so there.

I have USB2 on two machines, USB1 on all but a handfull, and firewire on none.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: