Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Perpetual OSY Extreme Buglist/Wishlist/Suggestion Box
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada
1st Lord of the Admiralty

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Perpetual OSY Extreme Buglist/Wishlist/Suggestion Box Reply with quote

Here's what I have so far:

1. Add custom titles back into database, posts

Action needed: Add database key in user database, add custom titles per user, edit PHPBB script to display custom title.

2. Fix "wide posts make entire thread wide" bug

Action needed: View HTML, find where the master <table> </table> tag is, remove it.

3. Make buttons on top of pegasus3d.com lickable widgets like in OSY, to make it more consistent

4. Finish enabling the rest of the smilies from OSY 1.0

Status: about 30% done. Continuing to add them one at a time until boredom takes over my soul and leaves me a haunted, broken man

I'm sure there was something else, but now I can't remember it.

Oh yeah,

5. Swap the damn "Preview" and "Submit" buttons already!

Action needed: Go into the HTML for posting and editing a new message, swap buttons.

That's all for now.
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, my mind is numb and #4 is done:

Bandit Bash on head Shake that booty Many grins Hmm... Ninja Spam spam spam spam Vampire Star Wars

They're all there.

Drinking beer
"Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a Cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstition. They avoid rather than confront the world. But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the Cosmos, even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries."
-- Carl Sagan

"Its not a rule. Its just something I noticed. Several of us have more than one sig." - Mord

"No, you are a troll, and I should have never let you back to Ars in after the first 16,000 bannings." - Caesar, to He Who Shall Not Be Named
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, I see by the button order below, that #5 is done.

And on the editing screen as well! I am good.
-- Carl Sagan

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah! Well done, JR.

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
DrPizza
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) Enabled HTML
(2) Enable post deletion
,91^c||(v=*p?main(-1,v+1),v-1:main(0,v)),++v);else for(;c+=!(91^*v)-!(93^*v)
;++v);return v;} /*     brainf*** program as argv[1] */

<DigitalFury>please don't use any of my quotes as sigs at osy.</DigitalFury>
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTML-- not gonna happen. Unless you can give me a really really good reason and reassure me that it won't open up the board to hacks, bugs, etc.

Post deletion - enabled, you're welcome.
-- Carl Sagan

DrPizza
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(3) https://pegasus3d.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1263

As for HTML, I would assume that phpBB has script-neutering capabilities (something that Infopop have as yet been unable to get right... :rolleyes: ).

As for a good reason, I find it less clumsy to type than UBB/BB/Ikoncode, and they are, of course, considerably more expressive. It's particularly for discussion of anything programmery that I like it.

The Eleven
Chained Existentialist
Captain
Captain

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about increasing the number of posts per page? Fifteen is a little short IMHO.
"So, for the sake of debate, I say you are an idiot. Hey, I don't have to prove it or even use any kind of logic to back up my assertion of FACT, after all, it's only a debate, right? And you can't deny it, because you obviously have vested interests in not being called an idiot. See how stupid this seems? Well, your posts sound exactly like that, if you don't use the basic rules of debating."

OSY's PaoloM responding to Afantee at the Ars BF in Afantee's over-the-top thread asserting that Panther has left MS in the dust once and for all.
DrPizza
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an awfully good point.

Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSY 1.0 was set to 25 posts per page, so I'll set it to that.
-- Carl Sagan

DrPizza
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most excellent.

The Eleven
Chained Existentialist
Captain
Captain

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed!!
"So, for the sake of debate, I say you are an idiot. Hey, I don't have to prove it or even use any kind of logic to back up my assertion of FACT, after all, it's only a debate, right? And you can't deny it, because you obviously have vested interests in not being called an idiot. See how stupid this seems? Well, your posts sound exactly like that, if you don't use the basic rules of debating."

OSY's PaoloM responding to Afantee at the Ars BF in Afantee's over-the-top thread asserting that Panther has left MS in the dust once and for all.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is now complete: the main buttons at the top of pegasus3d.com are now more in reflection with the general Aqua-esque feel of OSY.

All that remain are #1: custom titles and #2: wide post fix.

If someone can tell me the SQL command to add a table/field to a database, I can get cracking on #1.
-- Carl Sagan

FondueDaredevil
Linux Looney
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: My name is Elmer J Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
#3 is now complete: the main buttons at the top of pegasus3d.com are now more in reflection with the general Aqua-esque feel of OSY.

If someone can tell me the SQL command to add a table/field to a database, I can get cracking on #1.
Awesome!

All of these changes are really making OSY a pleasant experience.

HTML would be bad, btw ... because pretty much anybody can register here, right? What if some jackass registered and then posted malicious code?

Everyone remembers that episode in Arstechnica a couple of years ago?

FD

"I call on those who question the motives of the president and his national security advisers to join with the rest of America in presenting a united front to our enemies abroad." Sen. Dick Durbin, 1998

"There's no set architecture in Linux. All roads lead to madness" - William Hilf, Microsoft homonculous

Supervillains for Linux!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Pizza said, if phpbb can ignore scripts, then please consider turning on HTML. If not, that's fine too. I'm just glad to have OSY, it's a sanity saver. Smile

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
longmarch
Estate Bottled
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:

Hard to say without knowing your exact setup, but if all you need to do is add a field to an existing table, you can run something like this:

ALTER TABLE jeremy1.tablename
ADD COLUMN columnname datatype;

Filling in the proper tablename, columnname, and datatype used in the column. Let me know if this doesn't work.

See if you can't add thread sub-titles as well. I miss them.
AlphaMeridian
Gatekeeper of the Beginner Internet
Commander
Commander

srilanka.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to get a profile option to define the number of posts you can have per page?

I'm rather preferential to a high posts per page ratio because I don't have to click "next" every 30 seconds.

-Alpha

So Lonestar, now you see why evil will always triumph because good is dumb!
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, longmarch, it worked! Now to see if I can't add a custom title manually...
-- Carl Sagan

Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... the variable is there, but I can't seem to access it to print it out.. I'm probably missing one of the files prior to the one that actually prints it out (the .tpl template)

EDIT: I've found the file that sets the variable $POSTER_RANK and such, and I've set it to set $POSTER_CUSTOM = user_custom but it ain't working... still working on it..
-- Carl Sagan

longmarch
Estate Bottled
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I know jack about php. Good luck with it though. I'm certain you'll prevail.
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ask that my blue smilies:

and

be added as
as Blue smiley

and Cheesy smile

respectively, can this be done JR? Thank you sir
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Reimer wrote:
hmm... the variable is there, but I can't seem to access it to print it out.. I'm probably missing one of the files prior to the one that actually prints it out (the .tpl template)

EDIT: I've found the file that sets the variable $POSTER_RANK and such, and I've set it to set $POSTER_CUSTOM = user_custom but it ain't working... still working on it..

Make sure it's been added to the SELECT statement that retrieves the post from the database. you may have to do some digging. (or change all of teh SELECTS into SELECT * FROM's and whatch your CPU freak out as we hit teh baord hard. Very Happy

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

respectively, can this be done JR?

Done.

I'll start hunting for SELECT statements.
-- Carl Sagan

DeAthe
Awaits you all, with nasty big pointy teeth..
Captain
Captain

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lickable buttons up top /me points up, you know, the red, purple and blue one? Well, they need to have a transparent background. Mainly coz people who don't use White as the default window color see the boxes, and it detracts [stoner] from the beauty of the buttons, and it's a heavy bummer, a real down, ya know? [/stoner].

Not a huge issue, just something that bugs me.
Jeremy Reimer
King of Canada

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try Photochopping them.

EDIT: Done. It should work now. Refresh the page if necessary.
-- Carl Sagan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: