Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Purple Smam!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Purple Smam! Reply with quote

Excuse me, while I kiss the sky!

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can play Purple Haze on the guitar, but I'm still trying to get the feel for the song as opposed to just playing the notes. Not as easy as it sounds. None the less, it's actually a fun song to play cause the chords are pretty bluesy sounding more then you'd realize when hearing the song from the album.

'Purple SMAM! all in my brain!
lately things just don't seem the same.
act'n funny but I don't know why..
s'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!'

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah man, drop the dope man, really slowly.

By non-compliance I have to use the ultimate weapon:

William Shatner singing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

I'm not kidding (much).

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the bands I worked with last year played a cover of Purple Haze with the chorus chords from Under The Bridge (Chillis) taked on the end as an acoustic section. It worked really well.
DuffMan
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By purple smam, I thought you would have meant this:

OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riso wrote:

Did William Shatner really sing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? Shocked

OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewis wrote:
One of the bands I worked with last year played a cover of Purple Haze with the chorus chords from Under The Bridge (Chillis) taked on the end as an acoustic section. It worked really well.

Do you have a copy of the song you can upload for us to hear? I'd like to hear the two songs working together.

OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuffMan wrote:

Ummmm... no comment...

Although, I do have to ask, what is mid-west-mech? Midwest mechanics? Do you work at a garage?

Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep thinking of the song "Purple Rain" when I see this thread. Doesn't Prince sing it?

Gabe: I wish you weren't a fucking liar.
Tycho: I'm not a liar.
Gabe: Well, I wish you didn't lie.
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
Riso wrote:

Did William Shatner really sing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? Shocked

I don't know if you'd call it "singing" exactly.

I believe it was in his "interperative" period. Frightful.

Though he did something recently with some British artist (I suck at names.) and it was really rather awesome. (though he still didn't sing. Wink )

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
DuffMan
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
DuffMan wrote:

Ummmm... no comment...

Although, I do have to ask, what is mid-west-mech? Midwest mechanics? Do you work at a garage?

You could just visit the site and witness my lame attempts at web design.
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord wrote:
I keep thinking of the song "Purple Rain" when I see this thread. Doesn't Prince sing it?

Yeah, 'Purple Rain' is one of Prince's song. Or do I say Artist Withouth A Name? Or is it Artist With A Symbol? Hard to tell these days what diva's want to be referred to as.

OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuffMan wrote:

You could just visit the site and witness my lame attempts at web design.

Ah, I see. I hope the 'about' page wasn't written by you, or that you were forced to write the introduction for the company in the manner where you need to repeat the company name a billion times. If you could repeat 'Midwest Mechanical' any more in the first 4 paragraphs, (I counted 6 times), you could cause severe psychosis in anal retentive bastards.

Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
Mord wrote:

Yeah, 'Purple Rain' is one of Prince's song. Or do I say Artist Withouth A Name? Or is it Artist With A Symbol? Hard to tell these days what diva's want to be referred to as.

I think its Prince again. And the reason why I know this is that I play rugby with this guy who is a huge thrash metal fan. But for some reason he's always been big into Prince. And he gave me the whole history of the name change one day while we were hanging out.

OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mord wrote:
OscarWilde wrote:
Mord wrote:

I think its Prince again. And the reason why I know this is that I play rugby with this guy who is a huge thrash metal fan. But for some reason he's always been big into Prince. And he gave me the whole history of the name change one day while we were hanging out.

Do you still hang out with him after he told you the story of Prince's life? Prince is a pretty phenomenal musician, although I don't know how his music fits into the trash metal scene.

Then again, yesterday I saw these two butch skin head white doods get into a big benz and they had Britney Spears playing over the radio. For five minutes while they were sitting in the car before they decided to drive of they had Britney Spears playing. The whole time. And it was loud. Like they thought they were ghetto and had chrome plated rims cool. Like they thought they were all that cause they were big white doods that shaved their heads bald and looked perpetually pissed off. Wearing leather jackets. Listening to Britney Spears.
Can you wrap your mind around that image? I can't and I witnessed the whole thing.

Imitation Gruel
Flames of Destruction
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
Then again, yesterday I saw these two butch skin head white doods get into a big benz and they had Britney Spears playing over the radio. For five minutes while they were sitting in the car before they decided to drive of they had Britney Spears playing. The whole time. And it was loud. Like they thought they were ghetto and had chrome plated rims cool. Like they thought they were all that cause they were big white doods that shaved their heads bald and looked perpetually pissed off. Wearing leather jackets. Listening to Britney Spears.
Can you wrap your mind around that image? I can't and I witnessed the whole thing.

That's...different.

"How delightful it would be to converse intimately with someone of the same mind, sharing with him the pleasures of uninhibited conversation on the amusing and foolish things of this world, but such friends are hard to find." -- Kenko Yoshida, Essays In Idleness
Mord
Console Cowboy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

tanzania.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Do you still hang out with him after he told you the story of Prince's life? Prince is a pretty phenomenal musician, although I don't know how his music fits into the trash metal scene.

I pretty much told him how weird his musical tastes were. He said he didn't really understand why, he's just always been a Prince fan, ever since he was a kid. *shrug*

lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britney is cool. Especially her first single and the recent song that Guy Sigsworth and Imogen Heap co-helped-with.
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britney is like, AYB's third or fourth cousing and stuff, so, like, all the people want to listen to her because of AYB, or something. AYB prefers classical musics. Anyways, Smam!

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: