Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Mac Commercial

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingpinmc
Dark Stalker
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Mac Commercial Reply with quote

This is probably old as all get out, but I thought it was funny...

"Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinkin', you know, eight year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She's about to start some shit, Zed.” - J - Men in Black

So.....

Maxi Does Dallas?

Twisted Evil - Mord
MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's been around a while, but still funny as crap!

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's been around a while, but still funny as crap!

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen better parodies of the switch ads, and even better ones regarding the blue screen of death (where the ad ends with a kernel panic on the mac, which, ironically is blue as well).

I've never seen this ad, and I'd say it's the most juvenile of any I've seen. I love parodies and this ad isn't even a good one, nor does it have the context right. The switch campaign began 2002 (iirc), by then OS X was at 10.2; and the switch campaign was all about pushing the Mac and Mac OS X. This parody doesn't do any of that. It just has a bunch of dumb mac os 7 dialog boxes saying crude things. What. The. Fuck?
It's like if someone did a parody of the windows error dialog boxes you'd see in Windows 95 with messages, 'suck my cock', 'shove a keyboard up your ass.' Where's the humor in that?

Well there is humor in it, but it's usually referred to as juvenile. Razz

Seriously, there are much better parodies out there of the OS X switch campaign. I have a video of this highlarious one where this guy starts ranting about the mac, and it's comedy fucking gold. I'll see if I can upload it, or find it on the internet and link it.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't find it on my drive, I suppose I deleted it or something. It's the one where in the end the guy starts throwing the iMac on the floor and tries to break it or something. In the middle (iirc) he starts flipping of the imaginary mac symbol on the top left hand of the screen.

edit: oh yeah, the video does make a lot more references to the classic mac os, and also, funnily enough on windows too. But it's still pretty good.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
(where the ad ends with a kernel panic on the mac, which, ironically is blue as well)

Have you seen what they do lately? You get a big message in the middle of the screen saying that you should press the power button, in about five languages. It's fairly distressing. They still managed to make even this dire crash message appear with a translucent background and anti-aliased fonts, though Rolling Eyes
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewis wrote:
OscarWilde wrote:
(where the ad ends with a kernel panic on the mac, which, ironically is blue as well)

Have you seen what they do lately? You get a big message in the middle of the screen saying that you should press the power button, in about five languages. It's fairly distressing. They still managed to make even this dire crash message appear with a translucent background and anti-aliased fonts, though Rolling Eyes
Laughing Yeah, i've seen it. The masses that are guided by self claimed geeks think that kernel panics, 'BSOD', are evil or some bad quality by MS/Apple/Linux. So in a way I feel more sorry for Apple and MS for things that can't be prevented and can understand the lengths they'd take to make the kernel panics more 'user friendly'.

Luckily, the kernel panics I did have was when my Line6 PodXT drivers were just buggy and happened during recordings. The new drivers don't cause anymore problems. So no kernel panic in a long time.

HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewis wrote:
OscarWilde wrote:

They brought back the Bomb dialog! This time, without the bomb, and in more languages. Also it sounds like, they have made it totally sweet looking, so that when it bombs, you're torn between wanting to lick this new piece of interface and kicking your dog in the nueticles.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
longmarch
Estate Bottled
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewis wrote:
They still managed to make even this dire crash message appear with a translucent background and anti-aliased fonts, though Rolling Eyes

Laughing That's the funniest think I have read in days. Laughing

And no, I have not seen it. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: