Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Is this site cut-rate and hard to use?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Is this site cut-rate and hard to use? Reply with quote

check out this site. Someone said that it was as the title says, "cut rate" and "hard to use"

AYB had to have JfW layeth the smack downeth!

http://www.saxquest.com/forumThreadView.asp?ForumUID=11&ThreadUID=5070&PostUID=22730#22730

AYB has always considered www.musicmedic.com a nice, simple, well layed out site that other messes should strive to be more like.

What do you think?

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go referring to yourself in the fourth person again Smile
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems simple enough to me. Perhaps somebody in that thread is jealous that they spent so much money on a not-so-simple to use site?

EDIT: After reading it seems clear that this particular individual is one of these "recently graduated fools" who apparently believes that simple and cheap don't mix. What an idiot. Spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on a flash driven site means only one thing: Your site has more flash. It also likely means that a reasonable percentage of people will hate it forever. Frankly I can't stand super flashy sites.
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay wrote:
Seems simple enough to me. Perhaps somebody in that thread is jealous that they spent so much money on a not-so-simple to use site?

EDIT: After reading it seems clear that this particular individual is one of these "recently graduated fools" who apparently believes that simple and cheap don't mix. What an idiot. Spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on a flash driven site means only one thing: Your site has more flash. It also likely means that a reasonable percentage of people will hate it forever. Frankly I can't stand super flashy sites.

Consider Yourself Quoted for Truth!

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewis wrote:
There you go referring to yourself in the fourth person again Smile

Indeed

Smile

OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I checked out the website (but not the forum), I thought you were joking. I see you were serious. There is someone actually arguing that the website is 'hard to use'? Surprised Is this madman lurking on a sax forum?

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
When I checked out the website (but not the forum), I thought you were joking. I see you were serious. There is someone actually arguing that the website is 'hard to use'? Surprised Is this madman lurking on a sax forum?

yup.

Smile

MasterOfTheHat
Commander
Commander

Location: In a galaxy far, far, far, far, really really far away...

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd also suggest that "competition" is spelled with an 'i' and not an 'e'. Oh, and remind him that 20 years experience as a software designer doesn't mean crap when it comes to website development. If he does indeed have that much experience, then the only thing he can criticize is the webmasters' UML design or flowcharts...

For my fellow OSYers - You know you're addicted to programming when:"The people you respect most you have never physically seen or spoken to, but you always bow to their knowledge."

*Quantum physics texts are an excellent source of 100% of the recommended daily alowance of "WTF!?!" - HitScan

support.microsoft's cause for a 0x0000007f STOP error:
"• Your computer has hardware or software problems. "
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterOfTheHat wrote:
i'd also suggest that "competition" is spelled with an 'i' and not an 'e'. Oh, and remind him that 20 years experience as a software designer doesn't mean crap when it comes to website development. If he does indeed have that much experience, then the only thing he can criticize is the webmasters' UML design or flowcharts...

Shit, if he started 20 years back UML is still that hippie new age crap. Wink

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: