Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Jimi's Anthem at Twinkster's Thanksgiving!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Jimi's Anthem at Twinkster's Thanksgiving! Reply with quote

Jimi's Anthem which I made up as somewhat of a tribute to one of my all time favorite guitar players. It's got the melodic solo with that style I think Jimi Hendrix had when putting across emotion with minimal notes. I also used some dirty noisy effects for the guitar to get more of that raw sound as opposed to something to clean and cut.

Then while I was in the groove doing Jimi's Anthem, I decided to try a third take at Twinkster's Thanksgiving which is still not there yet.

Neither song is there yet actually as I've been having serious allergies the last two weeks and have been taking antihistamines which sorta makes me very dull.

Twinky, I went for a more oriental middle eastern style with the solo work. I cut the volume for the begining part of the lead to let your main song play through, and then boost the volume to get the main lead after those drums that come booming in towards the end. I think I'm missing some tracks or files (I keep getting asked to find some 'where is my code.aiff' which I can't find) and it's screwing up with what you actually recorded. Anywhooo.. this is just a rough take. More later. I have two more other takes but they're sort of the same. Need to find the groove for the song like I did a few weeks ago. The lead work in this is not spectacular at all, but maybe it'll give an idea of what I'm hearing in my head in some places of your song. Give me some feedback. Smile

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall hopefully be re-recording 'Jimi's Anthem' today. Start from scratch. The song I have on line right now took about 5 minutes to record. Maybe I'll add some drum loops if I can.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
AllYorBaseRBelong2Us
Infernal Smam Lord
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Location: Gaurding the toenail clipper bag that holds you all!

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AYB once heard a Cellist on the radio play Jimi's 'Anthem', was teh wikced!

Smile

AYB also likes your playing very much! Now, go find some wimmenz to swoon!

Smile
This and other statistics can be culled from Jeremy Reimer's Personal Computer Market Share: 1975-2002, a very impressive piece of information gathering. The numbers tell some very interesting stories.
- http://lowendmac.com/musings/03/0131.html

Man, I need to get out more. You know smam is getting to you when you go to a canadian restaurant and start wondering about moose cock. -OscarWilde Smile
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllYorBaseRBelong2Us wrote:
AYB once heard a Cellist on the radio play Jimi's 'Anthem', was teh wikced!

Smile

AYB also likes your playing very much! Now, go find some wimmenz to swoon!

Smile

Thank you very much indeed. I have been swooning teh wimmenz and have been swooning pretty damn well; but at the moment I think i'm going to take a break, rest me wilde ways, and mellow out with me guitar for the rest of the year.

the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Give me back my code.aiff" is a drum loop that you seem to be missing. It kicks in for a short time near the beginning (where the chords start). I guess it wasn't included in the project file. There are a couple of other places where the drums seem slightly different from what I have as well, so there must be some loop discrepancies between your setup and mine.

I like the feel of what you're doing. Smile I'll give it a few more listens.

The Jimi stuff was cool also. Cool

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the twinkster wrote:
"Give me back my code.aiff" is a drum loop that you seem to be missing. It kicks in for a short time near the beginning (where the chords start). I guess it wasn't included in the project file. There are a couple of other places where the drums seem slightly different from what I have as well, so there must be some loop discrepancies between your setup and mine.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out why there was such a big difference. I didn't change a thing that you sent. And then towards the end with that drum roll that gets really loud, I couldn't figure out where that was coming from even. Maybe if you just gave me the proper mixed version as lossless audio, the AIFF file that GarageBand exports to iTunes. That would avoid all the odd loop problems and not make my Powerbook choke. It really suffers as the song progresses.

Quote:
The Jimi stuff was cool also. Cool

Thanks. I'll be re-working the song to make it longer and have the rhythm tracks much cleaner.

the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I can host the AIFF. I'll do that tonight. Smile

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: