Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Micro$oft hires Godzilla!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaoloM
The King Of Crap
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Micro$oft hires Godzilla! Reply with quote

Quote:
PaoloM says:
http://assets.xbox.com/ja-jp/lounge/default.htm

Handor says:
I can only imagine the devastation to Tokyo when the creature hatches from that giant egg in the cieling.

I don't know, it just sounded awfully funny Smile
Harbinger
Dread Pirate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could read the original article; link is blocked here at work. Sad

Gaah. I don’t tend to bother about slashdot, because quite frankly, the whole _point_ of slashdot is to have this big public wanking session with people getting together and making their own “insightful” comment on any random topic, whether they know anything about it or not. -- Linus Torvalds, 20 Aug 2005

I heard that even small amounts of smam are highly unstable. Like anti-matter, only with polka dots. -- Mord

I don't make up rumors, I just falsify them. -- HitScan

Pentium-M eats G4 alive so quickly that the G4 is still breathing when the P-M shits it out. End of story. -- Hat Monster
PaoloM
The King Of Crap
Captain
Captain

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting with music, fashion, art, and sports, we are developing promotional activities consisting of a fusion of entertainment culture. It is a space to test-drive the xbox 360 in person. It is a space providing 4 units of 200 inch wide screens and large displays. It is a cafe where tie-up suites/sweets ("collaborative" suites/sweets?) based on "popular batishie (?)" will be sold.

See, hear, touch, taste. At the XBOX 360 LOUNGE, which stimulates each of your 5 senses, enjoy hi-def entertainment now ("without delay!").

Please.

Smile
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How utterly bizarre.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Riso
Commodore
Commodore

austria.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
How utterly bizarre.

Japan in a nutshell.

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways Lord Reimer, your sad devotion to that ancient OS have not helped you conjure up the Guru Meditation or given you clarvoyance enough to find 1% marketshare"
- FondueDaredevil

"[...] we view customers as complete morons that will never catch on and [...] we're lying to them all the time."
- Gabe Newell
HitScan
More portable than j00
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this article about it was pretty fun too:
http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/columns/tokyo-decadence-microsoft-xbox-lounge-134774.php

He does make a good point though, why not put it in the gamer mecca instead of the snobberific shopping district that they did? Who knows.

"I was going to write my congressman, but I can't find my checkbook." - /. poster

"Wiffleball bats are good, because they can be retrofitted with lead pipes." - Harbinger
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitScan wrote:
I thought this article about it was pretty fun too:
http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/columns/tokyo-decadence-microsoft-xbox-lounge-134774.php

He does make a good point though, why not put it in the gamer mecca instead of the snobberific shopping district that they did? Who knows.

Not entirely sure what to make of that. My assumption is that MS:
1) Had bad Japanese translators who translated, 'hip and young area' with 'rich and middle aged women'.
2) Godzilla wanted her babies to be born in a rich area because rich Japanese taste better then poor Japanese.
3) A nice looking store looks better with other nice stores around it. (if you object to that logic, you should have started objecting with my first assumption in the first place, so go away).

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: