Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

Sudoku for you!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Sudoku for you! Reply with quote

Mac users can download these widgets: iSudoku, or, Sudoku Widget (I'm trying out this one), and play it!

PLAY IT DAMN IT!!!! I COMMAND IT TO BE SO!

Okay, that was me just being silly. Windows users may download whatever version of Sudoku they like, and should play it too. Or just go to Yahoo and play the java versions (I believe they have them at yahoo games).
You don't have to play Sudoku if you don't want too. Wax on, wax off, and keep your mind sharp.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started playing Sudoku myself today. Well, I was introduced to the game two weeks ago, but I forgot about it as I was busy. Then played it once on Yahoo UK(iirc) a few days ago and thought it was fun. So I ain't a master of the game yet.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has taken off so quickly in the UK. There's books of the damn things in the top ten bestsellers lists and everything.
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sudoku is one of those games that looks deceiving simple. My wife has also been playing this quite a bit lately. I even snagged some programs for OSX and Windows so she can play anytime she'd like (without having to go buy another book of puzzles as she has been doing).

Interesting game.
Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sudoku? Never heard of it... Very Happy

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
Sudoku? Never heard of it... Very Happy

DAMN! Delayed twin connection!!! I remember that thread even, but at the time (as I didn't know Sudoku yet) I thought you were referring to some anime or something. I should have clicked on the link, but I avoid anime sites if I can.

Weee!!!

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More anime for me then! Cheesy smile

1 The Network is my domain, I shall not want; 2 though it makes me wait upon collision, it leads me to the Internet; 3 it restores my connection. It leads me in paths of hypertext transfer for google's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of power failures, I fear no data corruption; for backups art with me; thy UPS and thy status light, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a firewall before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my CD-R with BurnProof, my buffer never underflows. 6 Surely good deals and pr0n shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Datacenter for ever.
-HitScan

Wilde is a 4' chinese man in a bright pink tutu, lime green pimp hat with peacock feathers, and a purple feather boa, wearing tissue stuffed snakeskin combat boots, holding a gun bigger than he is, smoking a cigarette in the parking garage, trying to look menacing while pouting and head banging to Godsmack I stand alone
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magus wrote:
More anime for me then! Cheesy smile

Very Happy I thought Sudoku was manga anime, or whatever it's called, and I'm not sure why I did think that in the first place.

Magus
Tolkien Loremaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manga = comics.
Anime = animation.

Smile

-HitScan

the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no particular taste for anime, but I do enjoy both good films and mindless action films. I'm not usually big on mindless action anime films because I don't identify well with many Japanese cultural idioms, but the anime films that are good are just plain good movies -- in other words, I think if you write of anime as a genre you're writing off some good flicks (along with plenty of terrible ones, of course, but that's true in any genre).

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the twinkster wrote:
I have no particular taste for anime, but I do enjoy both good films and mindless action films. I'm not usually big on mindless action anime films because I don't identify well with many Japanese cultural idioms, but the anime films that are good are just plain good movies -- in other words, I think if you write of anime as a genre you're writing off some good flicks (along with plenty of terrible ones, of course, but that's true in any genre).

Oh, I love anime movies. I just don't care for the comics (manga, thanks to Magus noting the difference) and the cartoons series. Even the anime movies I need to take in small doses, just like I do with any other genre.

the twinkster
Gorram Alliance
Captain
Captain

dreetha.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see. I'm somewhat similar in that respect, though I tend to go on "kicks" where I watch a lot of one sort of thing for a little while. This weekend was definitely an anime kick, plus I was playing a lot of Killer7.

Damn, after this and some of my other relationship salvations, I really have a huuuuge stockpile of date karma. Like stumbling into a professional dominatrix at a bookstore at the science fiction section while reaching for the same book kind of karma. -- Happysin, on Ars
OscarWilde
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE YUO SUDOKU!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, the game is starting to become quite easy. I still haven't figured out what to do under some situations where there are two or more alternatives for numbers. In 'easy', it's simple to just do without 'pencil marks'. At 'medium' I use pencil marks and then sorta work my way through elimination. There are times I know the answers on an instinctual level and I get them right, but I don't know how I'm doing it.

Remember that our instincts are a valuable tool because it's our mind taking really quick jumps without the time consuming thinking out process. i.e. you catch a ball thrown at you without thinking about it because, what is called, 'instinct', is taking these short cuts without the need for complex calculations. This is a simple example, but the same process is what I'm referring to when I'm talking about how my instincts are telling me what numbers should be in certain boxes. There are times I can also 'see' the reasons that lead to the answers, but I can't grasp it yet. Maybe as I play more I'll start to see more of Sudoku's wicked depths.

Oh, SUDOKU!!! YOU BITCH!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: