Pegasus3d.com Forum Index Pegasus3d.com
Discussions on multiple topics, open to all

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus3d.com Main Page Pegasus Launchpad Jeremy's Personal Page OSY

What's the deal with Firefox users and upgrading?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macgyver
The man with the Swiss Army Knife
Midshipman
Midshipman

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macgyver uses Firefox!
DuffMan
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always figured macgyver used lynx running on a solar calculator.
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please the REAL Macgyver burns crab grass and allows the fumes to enter his nostrils which then allows the answer to simply be presented to him by forces that you and I will never understand.

Or not.
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define Irony: Guy who participates in his thread only to check his Firefox and Thunderbird versions on a whim to find out they were REALLY old (1.0.4 and 1.0.2 respectively)

/me goes to cower in the corner...

To be fair this is the one machine out of the three I use quite a bit that I don't use for cruising the internet much on a daily basis.

Last edited by Jay on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Macgyver
Midshipman
Midshipman

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuffMan wrote:
I always figured macgyver used lynx running on a solar calculator.

No, I'm resourceful. If I was stuck in a situation where I was being held hostage in a closed of storage room for solar calculators where there just happened to be a copy of lynx, I would do as you say. And then I'd use the light wires from the light fixtures to make my own telephone cable and hook the calculator to a telephone socket that just happens to be oddly placed in a storage room to access the internet and email Pete at the Pheonix foundation to come save me.

Otherwise, when i'm at home, I just use a regular ol' computer with Firefox to access the internet. Remember, I'm resourceful, not a cheap bastard.
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well seeing as how Firefox is free... you are still a cheap bastard Os... I mean Macgyver Very Happy
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, IE and Safari, are more or less, 'free', granted they come pre-installed on their respective platforms. If I got OS X without Safari (for whatever odd reason), I could still download Safari and install it. The same applies to IE for Windows as well.

Not sure why i'm speaking up for Macgyver since we're both totally different people, but I feel that he would have said the same thing.

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Macgyver
Midshipman
Midshipman

canada.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
Well, IE and Safari, are more or less, 'free', granted they come pre-installed on their respective platforms. If I got OS X without Safari (for whatever odd reason), I could still download Safari and install it. The same applies to IE for Windows as well.

Not sure why i'm speaking up for Macgyver since we're both totally different people, but I feel that he would have said the same thing.

Whoa, those would have been the exact words I would have said. Pretty impressive mind reading skills. You are a true smammer indeed!
Jay
Ex OSYer
Captain
Captain

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macgyver wrote:
OscarWilde wrote:

Whoa, those would have been the exact words I would have said. Pretty impressive mind reading skills. You are a true smammer indeed!

/me slaps his knee
lewis
new in box
Captain
Captain

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OscarWilde wrote:
If I got OS X without Safari (for whatever odd reason), I could still download Safari and install it.

Hmm... I couldn't find any way to get Safari 2 on a pair of Panther machines I used last year... somehow it didn't arrive with the upgrade or vai Software Update, and I couldn't find a download.

Shit would you look at my postcount.
OscarWilde
Unbearable Bliss of Ignorance
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

hong_kong.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safari 2 doesn't work on Panther, as far as I know. You can download the 'update' and I think it does install on Tiger if it doesn't have Safari on it. I don't know if the update comes with all the necessary Webkit API.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong and you can't install Safari on OS X if it disappears mysteriously (even though I'm sure you can Wink ).

'Hate traps us by binding us too tightly to our adversary.' - Milan Kundera (Immortality)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pegasus3d.com Forum Index -> OSY All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: